Federal judge rules AR15's are dangerous and unusual, not protected by 2nd Amendment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHORT-N-SASSY
    Warrior
    • Apr 2013

Federal judge rules AR15's are dangerous and unusual, not protected by 2nd Amendment

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/court-...2nd-amendment/

Wow, so out of touch.

Dangerous? Yes but so is every firearm. Unusual? C'mon!

2nd ammendment all about home defense?

Comment

• Slappy
      Warrior
      • Feb 2014

If any gun is used to kill someone is not that considered an assault weapon!? Saw an e-mail a few weeks back about how a gun perched near a window all day with people passing by this home on the sidewalk all day long and that gun did not harm one person. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• montana
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2011

pon review of all the parties’ evidence, the court seriously doubts that the banned assault long guns are commonly possessed for lawful purposes, particularly self-defense in the home, which is at the core of the Second Amendment right, and is inclined to find the weapons fall outside Second Amendment protection as dangerous and unusual.
        First, the court is not persuaded that assault weapons are commonly possessed based on the absolute number of those weapons owned by the public. Even accepting that there are 8.2 million assault weapons in the civilian gun stock, as the plaintiffs claim, assault weapons represent no more than 3% of the current civilian gun stock, and ownership of those weapons is highly concentrated in less than 1% of the U.S. population.
        The court is also not persuaded by the plaintiffs’ claims that assault weapons are used infrequently in mass shootings and murders of law enforcement officers. The available statistics indicate that assault weapons are used disproportionately to their ownership in the general public and, furthermore, cause more injuries and more fatalities when they are used.
        As for their claims that assault weapons are well-suited for self-defense, the plaintiffs proffer no evidence beyond their desire to possess assault weapons for self-defense in the home that they are in fact commonly used, or possessed, for that purpose.
        Finally, despite the plaintiffs’ claims that they would like to use assault weapons for defensive purposes, assault weapons are military-style weapons designed for offensive use, and are equally, or possibly even more effective, in functioning and killing capacity as their fully automatic versions.

(To legitimize her argument is like legitimizing the arrest of a person for attempting suicide by drowning because he was breathing with his mouth open during a rain storm. I wonder if this judge has even read the Second Amendment and the whole division of power concept? Unbelievable , head shaking side to side ,eyes rolling back in my head.) What a bunch of..............
        Last edited by montana; 08-17-2014, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• explorecaves

I guarantee my Boberg XR9-S is more unusual than any AR....

Comment

• Keep The Change
            Warrior
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by JDub View Post
            Wow, so out of touch.

Dangerous? Yes but so is every firearm. Unusual? C'mon!

2nd ammendment all about home defense?
            So the 2nd Amend is about home defense?
            Wow, I didn't know a militia was required for home defense or burglary. What idiots we have running the country and making judgments.

Comment

• Deer Hunter

I agree

Comment

• dammitman
                Warrior
                • Dec 2012

i think that federal judges are dangerous and pose a serious risk to US legal citizens and should be held to a 4 year term with elections held and no type of retirement included.

Comment

Working...
                X