• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Is this all with the same magazine?

As to the feed ramps, I personally polish them after de-edging them.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Variable
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by cst View Post
      I think all feed ramps are sharp as hell ...and if anything nose dives into em,,they'll ger torn up even if they are rounded,,,,.did you try a new magazine? Sometimes if the front of the mag lip is too low the round doesnt get released by the mag in time and causes that kind of jam...they sell this tool to adjust..I used to have similar problem on certain mags from some aluminum mags..

worth a try before dremeling your barrel.
      I have one of those. They fit aluminum mags, but the steel CProducts style mags are made of too thin a material to work well with that tool. That tool is basically a screwdriver with the head ground off and a slot milled in the side. The slot is wider than Grendel mag material is. It doesn't get a good grip, and I usually end up using angled pliers instead. I've thought about making a new tool from a screwdriver by dremelling in a narrower slot, but haven't got around to it.
      Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
      We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Jakal
        Warrior
        • May 2014

Blazin,

How many clicks on the SLR gas block did you come open?
        ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

• Blazin
          Bloodstained
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Jakal View Post
          Blazin,

How many clicks on the SLR gas block did you come open?
          11 clicks open.

All 34 rounds fired this past Friday were with the same mag. I have 4 or 5 of these mags, and haven't noticed if the same malf is experienced across all of them, or simply with one.

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

Mark all your mags so they have individual ID's for this reason.
            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Wheelhorse
              Warrior
              • May 2014

I'm glad I found this thread. My rifle has never failed to feed but after about two firings, the outside of the rims on my brass gets chewed up and I have trouble getting it in my shellholder. I looked at the ejector that came with my barrel/bolt combo from Shilen and it was square like the one in the other photo. Well, I removed it and beveled the edge like it was supposed to be, and when putting it back in, it got away from me and launched its self into outer space I think.
              I then got the 223 bolt that I removed to install my Grendel bolt and got a surprise. Here is the ejector as it came from PSA.
              Update: I have three other ejectors that all came from PSA and they are all squared instead of being like the one in this picture.
              Last edited by Wheelhorse; 09-30-2014, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X