• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PredatorDown
    Warrior
    • Jun 2014

Best Group of My Life!

Well I just shot the best group of my life. I'm new to the long-range game, and can now safely say that I am addicted. I was able to squeeze out a 4.5" group at 860 yards, albeit not from the grendel. This was out of a new friend's 6.5x47 necked down to 6mm, shooting Berger 105gr hybrids.

I was also able to get what we're guessing was close to a 5" group at 960, but we ran out of daylight before we could get up the hill to confirm and get a picture.

I took the grendel to distance at targets varying from 400 all the way out to the 960, and realized I definitely need to work on my loads. I was able to make hits at 960, but wasn't able to get any kind of a group to speak of. Either way, I'm more than happy to be able to hit at 960 out of an AR platform!

Nice shooting.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

Nice shooting and great scenery!
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• PredatorDown
        Warrior
        • Jun 2014

Thanks Hanka! The vast majority of the photos on my photobucket were taken within a two hour drive of my home (at least to the trailheads ) photography is my other passion. I always seem to get out shooting at least once a week, I just never know if it's going to be with firearms or a camera lol. We've got 120 acres of family property about 15 minutes from my home, so if I ever want to go the firearm route it's not much of a drive

Comment

• Butterbean
          Warrior
          • Oct 2012

Impressed..
          Lifetime: NRA, GOA, 2AF

Comment

• NugginFutz
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

Shweet! And I'll second the scenery.

120 Acre personal shooting range? I'm jealous...
            If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• PredatorDown
              Warrior
              • Jun 2014

I love having the property so close. It's been a great place to get away, go camping, call in a few coyotes, and even host several company parties from my former job. I still get phone calls from the guys I used to work with that ask if we could all head out there and shoot again

The one thing I'm going to need to work on is finding an area we can shoot a long ways out. So far the furthest we've got targets at is only 500yds. All of the rolling hills and thick Juniper trees tend to make it a little hard. I might have to break out the chainsaw in the next few weeks...

Comment

• Hattrick
                Bloodstained
                • Jan 2014

Sweet!

Comment

Working...
                X