.264LBC Type 1 vs 6.5 Grendel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .264LBC Type 1 vs 6.5 Grendel

OK, here is what happened: I jumped at a good buy on a "6.5 Grendel" BHW barrel from Surplus Ammo & Arms, $208 for a barrel and stripped upper shipped immediately.

I opened the box and find ".264LBC Type 1" stamped on the barrel. OK, here are my questions:

1. I don't care about the label, but should I expect any interchangeability issues? (I reload for two other Grendels) I already have steel-cased FMJ coming from AA. Any issue shooting it though this barrel?

2. The barrel came with no bolt. From whom shall I order the correct headspaced bolt for a "Type 1 .264LBC." Can I get it from AA? Is it the same as a standard Grendel bolt?

Thanks, brothers.
  • tackdriver
    Warrior
    • Feb 2013

I ordered the same barrel and I am pretty sure the type 1 is the .125 bolt face also the same as most 7.62*39 bolts. Maxim Firearms sells these bolts and model 1 sales does also. I am sure someone will chime in if my info is incorrect.

Comment

• tackdriver
      Warrior
      • Feb 2013

I guess I should say that I had a BHW 20" and it was type 1 and it ran like a top with the inexpensive Model 1 sales bolt

Comment

• NugginFutz
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

You can get one from tactical ammunition, an industry partner with BHW. I also understand that just about any 7.62 x 39 bolt will suffice.
        If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

I would get one of the Maxim Firearms 7.62x39 bolts made from 9310 alloy steel.

Complete 7.62 x 39 bolt. Features a 9310 steel bolt, heat treated, hard turned and shot-peened for increased surface strength and durability, and an extractor booster to ensure reliable cycling during rapid semi-auto or full-auto fire. Parts are magnetic particle inspection tested in batches to ensure

Comment

Thanks, everybody.

Comment

Working...
            X