X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • olde sarge
    Warrior
    • May 2014

With out a comparison of how well they grouped with other ammo means nothing. If cut down military or an A&B barrel would be tickled with those groups. A lot to take into consideration, that seems to be missing when talking groups, it seems to me.

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

I have a box someone sent me for testing. The 129gr ABLR. Precision Firearms makes a factory load of it, replacing the older 130gr Nosler Accubond.

Nosler also recently introduced a 6.5mm 142gr ABLR. BC claims are in the .50 cal territory.

G1 BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT 0.719
      G7 BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT 0.350

The length is quite a bit for even a .260 Remington or any of the 6.5-08 class of cartridges, and seems well suited for the SAUM and 26 Nosler.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• mnhntr
        Bloodstained
        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by cory View Post
        Where are you seeing 2moa?
        The first page has groups size at 100yds. Two of these are over 1.8in which is darn close to 2moa.

Comment

• Adam Lilja
          Warrior
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by mnhntr View Post
          The first page has groups size at 100yds. Two of these are over 1.8in which is darn close to 2moa.
          Ya based on that alone I'm not excited. Maybe he's just a bad shot though...?
          Last edited by Adam Lilja; 02-18-2015, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• kmon
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
            I have a box someone sent me for testing. The 129gr ABLR. Precision Firearms makes a factory load of it, replacing the older 130gr Nosler Accubond.

Nosler also recently introduced a 6.5mm 142gr ABLR. BC claims are in the .50 cal territory.

G1 BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT 0.719
            G7 BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT 0.350

The length is quite a bit for even a .260 Remington or any of the 6.5-08 class of cartridges, and seems well suited for the SAUM and 26 Nosler.
            Would like to try that one in the 6.5-284 which is a Cooper M52 long action and throated so I can seat the bullets out long. Also should be a good one in the 264 Win Mag for those of us that have that caliber as well. When first announced 2 years ago there was to be a 140 grain offering that got taken off the site.

I am still looking for a source for the 6.5 LRA bullets so I can give them a try. Talking with a couple guys at Applied Ballistics the Long Range Accubonds are about as picky on seating depth and bullet jump as Berger VLDs. But once you find the sweet spot for your gun they said accuracy was very good. i know that out of the Cooper 130gr accubonds will group under an inch at 300, prone have shot 417 yard groups into 1.25 inch. If the

Comment

• mnhntr
              Bloodstained
              • Dec 2014

I would love to try these in my .260

Comment

• Variable
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

I wonder if we can pack enough CFE223 under them in a SAAMI chamber to get decent velocity?

I see Keystone got 2288fps with factory SSTs in a 12.5" barrel, and Txgunner was getting good velocity as well.

I think this ABLR would be an awesome SBR bullet if we can get an accurate load over 2200fps in a 12.5" tube.
                Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• LRRPF52
                  Super Moderator
                  • Sep 2014

.30-30 speed with .300 Win Mag BC, with 1300fps expansion. Sounds like lots of win to me. I need to work some of these up with CFE and see what I can get.
                  NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• JASmith
                    Chieftain
                    • Sep 2014

.30-30 speed with .300 Win Mag BC, with 1300fps expansion. Sounds like lots of win to me. I need to work some of these up with CFE and see what I can get.
                    Try 30 - 31 gr as in the MAX load region and see how close one can get to 2400 fps from an 18" barrel
                    shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                    -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• Variable
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

I'll be eagerly cheering and waiting for any results you get.

I'm wondering how far out it'll seat until it hits, and how much space will be left in the case for the CFE. As long as you can find the sweet spot for jump, I think CFE and that bullet could be a real performer.
                      Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                      We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Working...
                      X