• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Brief Coyote Kill #2

I think I panic a bit with coyotes. I don't call them, so usually by the time I see them, when I get my rifle up, they are gone. So I am prone to shoot quickly. Sort of like with the last one, I thought I had the recorder on and several seconds of footage into this before pulling the trigger, but apparently it was more like 1 second before the first shot.

The first shot enter back on the rib cage, catching a bit of lung. It was a shot where unbeknownst to me, the coyote was quartered toward me. The shot exited out the the side of the abdomen and the coyote went down. The Hornady 123 gr. SST tore open a 1.25" hole and dragged out a bunch of intestines with it.

The second shot was as the yote was going down for the 2nd time and punctured the left thigh muscle with just a simple through and through, too late to be effective.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • Slappy
    Warrior
    • Feb 2014

That will do. BANG BANG!!

Comment

That would pay out $50 if you were in Utah. Nice blasting.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2013

I would be an avid coyote hunter if I could make $50 each. Holy cow! Right now I simply try to take then when spotted, at the request of the landowner.
        Kill a hog. Save the planet.
        My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• rebelsoul
          Warrior
          • Jan 2014

Nice shootin'! I understand the panic, a chipmunk(ground squirrel) is the only thing I've shot that had a quicker reaction time than a coyote. I've had several yotes get away because they reacted to the click of my safety. Good job on the follow-up shot, taking advantage of the turn to catch up. I bush hogged my food plots, cleared trails, and procured grain this weekend. Now, watching your videos is the icing on the cake to stoke my impatience. I can't wait to stalk the critters.
          "When you have to shoot... Shoot! Don't talk." Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez a.k.a. "The Rat".

Comment

• Overwatcher

You should try calling them,Its a lot funner.From Early Oct to Late November is about the easiest time to call coyotes with all the pups out.

Comment

• sneaky one
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

D N S.,,
              Down is down, don't worry of the shot angles always. Great job as a pest eliminator !

Comment

Working...
              X