X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

The problem is going to be, is that I'll have to drill and tap it all the way through. This will prevent me from being able to put any torque on the threads. It'll be like using a sizing die without the lock ring. Even with red locktite, it'll work its way out eventually.

I guess I could tap the butt stock for a set screw or use a jamb nut/lock ring.
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Variable
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Loktite, and a.......... Jamb nut! Ta dah! Ain't I a smartass?

Seriously though, I think that'd work fine. I might have to get some of those for random stuff.
      Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
      We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• cory
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2012

So I recently got an FDE UBR in a trade. I'm trying it out on this build. I liked the SOCOM stock, but I like how much more compact this one is a little better I think. However, I haven't field tested it yet.

If anyone is interested I'd like to trade the top half of the stock for an OD green piece. Not sure if you can tell in the picture, but the grip is OD green.

I'm thinking about cerakoting the outside of the rail, the scope mount, and the lower portion of the stock (if that plastic can be cerakoted) barrett brown. Then cerakoting the suppressor Magpul OD Green.
        "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
        X