X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joseph5
    Warrior
    • Oct 2012

I say call Lilja. Great barrels and unfluted they will be in your price range. Mine shoots great!

Comment

• HOPSTER
      Unwashed
      • Aug 2014

Waiting on more info from Mark at PF but he says the 20" Bartlein meets my specs (HBAR with .750 gas block OD).
      I asked about a 22" instead but I think I will be happy with 20".
      Waiting for his reply on the 22".
      The limiting factor is the length of my Lancer Rifle Plus handguard at 13 to 14 inches.
      With a bipod mounted near the end, it is supporting the rifle where it should.
      Adding inches would extend the barrel muzzle further from the bipod and add an additional bending load on the barrel boss of the upper. (Really heavy barrel)
      So I think 22" is my upper limit.

I can't help myself always thinking of the engineering aspects of it, it's a habit of my occupation.

So here's what Mark recommended for $690:

This listing is for Barrel and Bolt Only!!! 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Cut Rifled Barrel 5R Rifling 1-8 Twist Stainless .720 Muzzle target crowned .750 Gas Block - Medium HBAR Profile Rifle Gas System PF Bolt matched to barrel by us Chambered in house to extreme match specifications Test Fired with 3 rounds Options: Fluted with 6 flutes Front and Back sections inhouse by PF Fluted with 8 Flutes Front and Back Threaded 5/8x24 Lead time Uppers get are 6-8 weeks, Barrels are 10-12 weeks.

Mr Lilja I am very appreciative of your willingness to offer your help here, and I may indeed end up with a Lilja instead.
      If not for the Grendel, perhaps for my AR10 (DPMS Spec).
      Thanks again,
      Will post when I lay down a deposit ...... the Shilen is definitely out.

Comment

Talk to Mark at Precision FireArms. You will get great and Knowledgeable service and he backs what he sales. I bought a Bartlein 24 in cut rifled barrel and am completely satisfied.

Comment

• olde sarge
          Warrior
          • May 2014

HOPSTER, that is the same barrel I bought and should be taking delivery of in the next couple of weeks. I did weeks of searching and talking to forum members and several barrel makers and for my money on my first this was it. If all turns out well I can see another in a lighter and possibly slightly shorter length. The clincher for me was the nitride barrel extension. Was a hard decision for me as I am sure is for you. John

Comment

• HOPSTER
            Unwashed
            • Aug 2014

I am currently trying to decide which of 3 barrels (From Mark at PF) to buy:
            The 20" Bartlein 720 HBAR or either of the two offered bull barrels (920 profile) from either Bartlein or Lilja.
            Mark had suggested that since I would like longer than 20", a fluted bull barrel in either 22 or 24 " would be best.
            There is a minimal price difference between the 20" HBAR profile and the heavy bull barrels.
            I don't know yet what the weight difference will be.
            If I go with a fluted (8 flutes) bull barrel, I will go for the 22 " length.
            24" would look and feel too long for my Lancer Rifle+ length handguard.

If anyone has tried any of these barrels please chime in.
            Looking to place my order Friday am.
            Thanks,
            Dan

Comment

• Sputnik
              Warrior
              • May 2013

Originally posted by HOPSTER View Post
              I am currently trying to decide which of 3 barrels (From Mark at PF) to buy:
              The 20" Bartlein 720 HBAR or either of the two offered bull barrels (920 profile) from either Bartlein or Lilja.
              Mark had suggested that since I would like longer than 20", a fluted bull barrel in either 22 or 24 " would be best.
              There is a minimal price difference between the 20" HBAR profile and the heavy bull barrels.
              I don't know yet what the weight difference will be.
              If I go with a fluted (8 flutes) bull barrel, I will go for the 22 " length.
              24" would look and feel too long for my Lancer Rifle+ length handguard.

If anyone has tried any of these barrels please chime in.
              Looking to place my order Friday am.
              Thanks,
              Dan
              My 2 cents; I Love my 20 inch Bartlein HBAR on my Neptune V PF upper. I would save the 170 bucks for the 8 row fluting of the bull barrel and go with the 20 inch Bartlein, and get it 2 weeks sooner. I also am impressed with the PF muzzle break and their gas block that looks killer with the 5 grooves. I have those two added items on my Liberty group buy barrel build with camo wood laminate Lucid furniture. You may see them both in my profile in my Liberty build photo album.
              Last edited by Sputnik; 09-04-2014, 02:40 AM.

Comment

• cory
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2012

I've got a 24" Lilja Bull Barrel (full rifle build) from Mark. It's an absolute tack driver. To long and heavy to hunt with, (though I have) but it's perfect for the range.

I've got the 8 flute job on the 16" Bartlein I just got from Mark. It's a work of art.
                Last edited by cory; 09-04-2014, 03:01 AM.
                "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• HOPSTER
                  Unwashed
                  • Aug 2014

I just hit the 'buy" button on the 22" Bartlein 920 bull with 8 flutes.
                  $805 shipped. Expensive I know, but I'm pretty sure I will be satisfied.
                  All the feedback here has been greatly appreciated.
                  Thanks again,
                  Dan

Comment

• Sputnik
                    Warrior
                    • May 2013

Congrats! I know you will be happy! You couldn't go wrong with any of the input provided here.

Comment

• olde sarge
                      Warrior
                      • May 2014

Congratulations on a hard decision. Each of us have different ideas as to what is workable for us. Therefore many different barrels to choose from. I have no doubt that you will be satisfied with your choice. John

Comment

Working...
                      X