• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blacklab
    Warrior
    • Mar 2012

What's Hornady's 9th addition say

Can somebody tell me what the good book say's about 100gr Amax. For the Grendel using 8208 & CFE interested in the coal an charge. Yes I have volume 2 just curious on their #s thanks.
    Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........
  • wheelguner
    Warrior
    • Oct 2011

100 gr AMAX

The chart shows the CFE loads from the Hornady #9 Manual but it doesn't have 8208 listed for this weight bullet. The 8208 load is from Hogdons website and for the Nosler 100gr BT. As usual start low and work up yadayada.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Blacklab
      Warrior
      • Mar 2012

Thanks wheelguner

Comment

• Joseph5
        Warrior
        • Oct 2012

They have a correction for the 9th reloading manual/6.5 Grendel data http://www.hornady.com/assets/files/9thEdErrata.pdf

Comment

• Blacklab
          Warrior
          • Mar 2012

Thanks for the update Joseph5. Do you happen to know barrel length? There's almost a 3 grain difference between maxes........... just curious if it's a 24 inch for the add velocity. Thanks again
          Last edited by Blacklab; 09-03-2014, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• Joseph5
            Warrior
            • Oct 2012

The 9th edition data was gathered in a rifle with an 18 inch barrel. I have a 22.5 inch Lilja barrel and 34 grains of CFE has my 100 gr AMAX's running in the 2950-2960 fps range

Comment

• Blacklab
              Warrior
              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Joseph5 View Post
              The 9th edition data was gathered in a rifle with an 18 inch barrel. I have a 22.5 inch Lilja barrel and 34 grains of CFE has my 100 gr AMAX's running in the 2950-2960 fps range
              Thanks for the update. Man your boot scooting those 100 grainers.

Comment

• Joseph5
                Warrior
                • Oct 2012

That load is from the preferred loads thread. Bwild97 first posted it. I worked up to it from 33 grains. It has been reported that velocities were erratic with light bullets. That has not been my experience as limited as it is. The lowest I have loaded it was the 33 gr load for 95-100 gr bullets. 34 grains requires the case to be tapped and shook so it can be loaded without crunching powder. I am not getting excessive pressure signs on the chrono or brass. I am using an adjustable gas block also.

Comment

Working...
                X