• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thor the mighty
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2014

Hardened arms

Hi I just built a 300aac blackout using this company. I did it it cuz it was cheap...anyway the upper I bought through them came in this week and I put it on an Anderson lower with a nichol boron bcg...it turned out a very nice fit and the hardened arms upper looks to be some very high quality, evn though I had never heard of them before I purchased the item...I have not yet shot the gun to see how it runs but when I do I will try to get around posting it here...

the reason I am posting this here is because they are now offering a 6.5 Grenedel upper that for the budget minded is a real good deal...if the quality is what they are selling it to be...I thought I would share the link...and for my next build I am considering taking the plunge on the cheap just to get the Grendel...I already have a DPMS complete lower that needs an upper...any thoughts you may have would be appreciated...here is the link to hardened arms Grendel they offer two one an HBAR and the other a Bull barrel but at the prices they offer I am just too tempted not to try it...pending the use of my already built 300aac

Last edited by thor the mighty; 09-05-2014, 01:32 AM.
  • txgunner00
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Howdy & welcome. Good to see more manufacturers offering Grendel.
    NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• dust
      Unwashed
      • Sep 2014

Did you purchase? Looking at their 7.62x39, and just noticed the 6.5 as well.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

At least they mention who's barrel they're using. If you purchase one of these please post a range report.

Comment

• kingmountain
          Unwashed
          • Dec 2014

I have one of their 20" 6.5 Grendel upper assemblies, the barrel is an ER Shaw barrel. Have only shot about 50 rounds so far, still working up a load. Happy with it so far.https://www.hardenedarms.com/ecProduct_222_36

Comment

• dust
            Unwashed
            • Sep 2014

Kingmountain, any updates?

Comment

• kingmountain
              Unwashed
              • Dec 2014

I have been happy with the hardened arms upper assembly so far. Orange target first box of Hornady 123 Amax's. White target is handloaded 123 Amax's with win 748, sorry no chronograph. Extractor is chewing up the brass a bit, been working on that as well as experimenting with a few powders.
              Attached Files

Comment

• am4966
                Chieftain
                • Jul 2014

There is threads about the extractor roughing up brass. I'd tell you but I don't remember what they recommend. Since I'm still in the build stage, of my Grendel. The white target looks promising
                12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

Working...
                X