• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kbarnes12
    Warrior
    • Nov 2011

Factory Hornady 123 gr SST

I finally got to take the both my 6.5 rifles out to shoot after getting the barrel of one and the entire upper back from Alexander Arms to correct bullets sticking in the chamber issues. They now function flawlessly.

My son wanted to try a holographic sight on his 16" barrel Grendel and we got it hitting pretty good at 100 yards with some 100 gr Barnes TTS handholds. Then he tries my 20" upper with a 2.5x10x56 Pentax scope, shooting some factory loaded 123 gr Hornady SST ammunition. After the first shot he said it was a bull's eye, then he shot the 2nd shot and said he could not tell where he hit. So we went to check out the target and this is what we saw.

2holes.jpg

The hole is just slightly taller than it is wide, so I believe he put 2 shots in practically the same hole.
    sigpic
    Guns kill people the same way forks make people fat.
  • Slappy
    Warrior
    • Feb 2014

Very nice, the 123SSTs are some great factory loads. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• dammitman
      Warrior
      • Dec 2012

now THATS good shootin,,,,,my gun loves the factory sst as well but i havent been able to do that.

Comment

• jawbone
        Warrior
        • Jan 2012

there's no feeling quite like walking up to a target like that. these days, I'm more likely to see a striped unicorn on my target than a bug hole. good shooting.

Comment

• hydrotech
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

I like Hornady SST's. I use the 123 in my Grendel and the 139 in my 7-08 bolt gun. I wish more local shops had the 123 SST on their shelves. I guess they don't sell well due to lower demand..at least around here. I always have to order them and when you have to pay shipping they are expensive.
          Last edited by hydrotech; 09-10-2014, 04:33 AM.

Comment

• hydrotech
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

I'm talking about just billets for reloading. A couple places have loaded ammo but it have never seen bullets on the reloading section of any shop around here.

Comment

• sneaky one
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

hydro, good to see u back on here. I'll pm u sum sites for better prices on Bullets, & components. they refuse to sell us billets, unless u r making receivers.

Affordable brass & bullets come to mind, so does shooters supply. S
              sportsmans cave.com, Inventory cheap .com.

Throw a study online- many options out there.

Comment

• hydrotech
                Warrior
                • Sep 2014

Thanks Sneaky, I'll check out a few of those. My last box of 100 123 sst is diminishing.

Comment

• hydrotech
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2014

I got my last batch from Midway...but they were high after sales tax and shipping.

Comment

Working...
                  X