• Show
Clear All
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

WTS/WTT: 17" Grendel AR15 Rifle

Sale Price - $1500 OBO
    Trade Vaule - $1700

This is one of the original Lilja Group Buy Barrels with the out of Spec Neck. 0.295" as opposed to the SAAMI Spec 0.300". It has a long throat on the top end of the SAAMI Spec.

I recently sold an upper with a 20" barrel from the same group buy. This was the buyer's results at 100 yards using Hornady Factory SST Ammo.

My gunsmith who cerakoted my barrels and casted the other barrel's chamber inspected to include bore scoped these barrels. It was his opinion that this 17" barrel would be the more accurate shooter of the 2.

Speaking of cerakote, I've rubbed off the cerakote in some places under the handguard. I couldn't make up my mind whether I'd keep this barrel and what configuration I'd keep it with or sell it with. In trying multiple handguards it happened. Hence the listing price of only $1500.

It has been function check with 3 rounds of Hornady 123gr SST.

Upper
    Lilja 311 17" Fluted Barrel
    Spikes Tactical Upper Receiver Billet Upper- Gen II (Mil Spec Barrel Nut)
    SLR Stainless Sentry 7 Clamp On Adjustable Gas Block
    SLR Black Nitrite Mid Length Gas Tube
    Seekins Precision BAR Quad Rail 13" Handguard XSPBAR13
    PF Phalanx (Maxim) Bolt
    AAC NonMount Flash Hider (5/8x24)

Lower
    Seekins Precision's SP15 Forged Lower
    RRA LPK with Single Stage Trigger
    VLTOR EMod "A5" Black Combo Kit

Bolt Carrier and Charging Handle Not Include

Barrel was head spaced with a PF Maxim Bolt, so I'd suggest getting the following BCG and you'll have an extra bolt on hand.
    Complete 6.5 Grendel bolt and carrier Group by Precision Firearms. 9310 steel, Shot peened and hardened Bolt. Precision Turned to Perfection, just like we ordered. Then Tumbled and Tuned in house. Carriers are 8620 Hardened and Precision Ground. Available in Phalanx (Black Nitride) or Super Match (Nickel Boron). Complete bolt group with Bolt, Carrier, Firing Pin, Retainer, and Cam. This is a Type II Bolt.

Last edited by cory; 11-01-2014, 01:18 PM.
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

Bumping this to the top.

Comment

• cory
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2012

Somebody needs a rifle for hunting season.

Comment

• cory
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2012

Make me an offer. I've got a pair of Magpul Buis that I'll include.

Comment

• cory
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2012

Modified the listing to include an AAC NonMount Flash Hider.

Comment

• tackdriver
            Warrior
            • Feb 2013

I am surprised this is still here, I am thinking of selling a .260 to snag this up. Hope it sells soon , that will makemy decision a lot easier . Lol

Comment

• cory
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2012

This should make your decision easier man. A trade is pending on the upper. Working out the details now.

Comment

Working...
              X