PF upper and BravoCompany KMR compatibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • olde sarge
    Warrior
    • May 2014

PF upper and BravoCompany KMR compatibility?

I used the advanced search and spent most of today looking for any info on this matchup and found nothing. Has anybody tried this combo? Looks to be a good match to what I am trying to achieve but don't want incompatibility issues. John
  • Slappy
    Warrior
    • Feb 2014

It looks like everything you would need is there. I would run a low profile gas block. You can call them and make sure a low profile gas block would fit under there but I do not see any issues. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• olde sarge
      Warrior
      • May 2014

Thanks Slappy, Iv'e got the PF low profile gas block. My concern is that being machined billet that the area around the rib might not accept some of the attachment (alignment?) parts. I thought I had ordered a Solo lite forearm when Mark and I talked about add ons but going back through the credit card records I was not charged for it. Since then I have studied the KMR and like its attachment better. John

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

I believe you're talking about the steel alignment clip that locks the KMR from rotating when it's installed? It slots into the KMR rail, and bridges the upper receiver under the picatinny rail. It's specced to fit a forged upper, so it'd depend on the width of the PF upper at that point.

If the billet PF upper is the same width as a forged upper at that location, then you should be good to go.

ETA: Sorry for the blurry grainy pic (I'm at work), but it's blown up from a mockup pic I had.

You can see the metal clip at the top rear of the rail. It is slotted into the KMR rail from the rear, and has tabs that protrude rearward from the rail and straddle both sides of the upper.

Last edited by Variable; 09-16-2014, 12:37 AM.
        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• olde sarge
          Warrior
          • May 2014

Variable, you are spot on. Couldn't think just how to say it. This is the only upper I have so would be grateful if someone could measure a milspec upper so I could make a comparison. Thanks Variable, John

Comment

• Variable
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

No problem bud. If someone doesn't chime in with the answer before I get home tomorrow, I'll do some measuring when I get there.

Comment

• olde sarge
              Warrior
              • May 2014

Thank you Variable.

Comment

• Variable
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

The maximum spread I can measure with my calipers is about .617", but it varies slightly. I'd say a receiver around .615" below the picatinny rail would be around the maximum that would fit. Hope that helps.

Comment

• olde sarge
                  Warrior
                  • May 2014

Variable, my upper measures .625" so would probably not work I guess. Would certainly be marginal. My measurement was taken with calipers not calibrated in 14 years so +/- .002" at best. Might be able to file the steel alignment clip to fit. Was hoping for a fit where I would not have to fiddle with parts to get them to fit properly. Thanks for your effort in measuring your upper. John

Comment

• Variable
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

No problem Sir, sorry it won't fit.

One possible alternate avenue--- You might want to call BCM or ask on their Arf Industry forum: They went to the trouble of making a separate steel clip.... so they might have plans for different widths at some point? If not, a wider clip could be fabbed, or the regular one could have wider tabs welded on. I understand not wanting to have to fiddle with it though.

Comment

• olde sarge
                      Warrior
                      • May 2014

Finally after pestering the hell out of BCM, instead of giving me the standard SOP reply, they asked one of their engineers and found that sufficient spring was built into the clip that it should fit up to .625". PF also said that they regularly use them and they have done over 200 builds with the KMR and no problems. I'm a happy camper. Thanks, all. John

Comment

Working...
                      X