• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Gruff
    Chieftain
    • Apr 2012

A Savage Grendel

This link was sent to me to post as a member has his account screwed up for now. An interesting little rifle Joe.
    6.5 Grendel HH action. They are the best donors Apache built 18" SS lite contour threaded barrel American classic stock DBM. Gunshack supplied the bolt face Leupold VX-1 2x7 LR reticle Talley lightweights Custom bolt handle Amazing shooter. Off the bench with front and rear bags 1" 5 shot groups at 180yrds. Hornady factory ammo. More than enough for my purpose. Should be a lot of fun this fall.
    http://www.vongruffknives.com/

sigpic Von Gruff

Grendel-Max

Exodus 20:1-17
    Acts 4:10-12
  • ricsmall
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

So gruff, this was built on a standard short action with just a bolt head change and new barrel. I'm asking cause this project is on my short list and I'm ready to acquire a rifle to build on. Don't really want to buy a new one in x39 just to scrap barrel. Looking to save $$ as well. Thanks

Richard
    Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• Von Gruff
      Chieftain
      • Apr 2012

As far as I can see from the post he says an HH action but I am only posting link for Joe as he bought it to my attention and asked me to post it. I agree though that being able to cherry pic components without having to buy an entire rifle and then having to part it out would be the way to go. I was able to start from just an action and it worked out the most cost effective for me.
      http://www.vongruffknives.com/

sigpic Von Gruff

Grendel-Max

Exodus 20:1-17
      Acts 4:10-12

Comment

• mickey
        Bloodstained
        • Dec 2013

Mine Mauser MFG, sells actions only right and Left hand. More than likely a special order through US. Importer. They did not answer my e-mail asking for a Left hand action with full stock as Sty.Man.
        Regards Mickey

Comment

• maverick5582
          Bloodstained
          • Nov 2014

"HH action. They are the best donors."

What is an HH action?
          Si vis para bellium (If you seek peace, prepare for war!)

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

That rifle is sweet. My kids' first center fire rifles will be 6.5 Grendel. I'll start the girls out with lighter 85gr or 95gr loads, and work our way up. Still trying to decide what action, but I really believe there is a market for a micro action 6.5 Grendel bolt gun. Loaded with the Nosler 129gr ABLR premium factory load, from a 20" little carbine, it exceeds the energy of a 150gr .308 hunting bullet before 350yds, with much less recoil, lighter action, faster cycling, etc.

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• maverick5582
              Bloodstained
              • Nov 2014

Is there any difference between the Savage 11 FCNS 7.62X39 action and the Savage Varmint SA?

I am not familiar with the HH action.
              Si vis para bellium (If you seek peace, prepare for war!)

Comment

• am4966
                Chieftain
                • Jul 2014

HH Precision I believe
                12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• aclark
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2011

Nice looking rifle. Is it just me or is the end of that barrel flared out a bit? What would be the reasoning? To get enough metal for the thread patten he wanted?

Also, someone said something in that thread that made me think. What about a 6.5 Grendel Scout Rifle? Could be pretty cool for a nice compact lightweight package.

Comment

Working...
                  X