X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sneaky one
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Nice design. I have been making basically the same bullet from 120 gr. GMx, & 120 gr.TTSX's, to look exactly like the 100 & 105 proposed Tac X pills, for a few yrs. now.

Also, I made TSX 120's into 110 & 105 grs. scary accurate. That was in 2008. Same specs. as the proposed pills.

Wanted to get them just right before I sent them in. So, yes I'm behind this idea. It will save me a ton of my time, not living in the shop.

When more of the forum guys are re-signed up, a couple of us will have 4 more additions to this, to post up here. I'm not trying to tease, we are just

not ready yet-too much to do! We have been busy.

Good to see more interest in this wt.,class. Let's keep gathering interest. Keep an open mind when you see our- to be posted later- pills. Cool stuff is a comin!

Finally....I will get some rest.... hopefully soon....... I'll contact Barnes on this to get some feedback. we are going after Hornady, then onto Nosler. Rick o shay sent me some E tips to cut down , man are these pills cool!

Hang tight. No pics yet.

Comment

• D.Davis
      Warrior
      • Sep 2013

I am in for 500 or more. Dave

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

Guys, keep the interest rollin'. . . . Sneaky, I just KNEW you were up to some kind of mad scientist stuff!
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Drifter
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Variable View Post
          If Drifter's recollection on Barnes group orders is correct: http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...ll=1#post54456

Then it shouldn't be that hard to get a 15-20k order lined up (I'd think).
          I'm sure that there were some behind-the-scenes details that I was unaware of, so it might not be as simple as getting a commitment to buy 20k bullets. With that other situation, I think that Bill Wilson of Wilson Combat had a lot to do with that deal coming to fruition.

In other words, there probably needs to be some sort of support from an industry insider, and preferably one with established connections. AA and PF are a couple that come to mind.
          Drifter

Comment

• sneaky one
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

John, Yes I felt the need to get on this a while back, after discussing it with Bill A. That's why I haven't been on here much. Busy busy.

We want to get a few samples to the manuf's. first., along with proof of expansion in lighter pills, and some video thru gel in slo mo., Then bombard them with requests.

Comment

• sneaky one
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

I think our approach should work well. Maybe Rick-o- shay can hop in here. Gotta run.

Comment

• Variable
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by D.Davis View Post
                I am in for 500 or more. Dave
                Booyah!

Buster: 500
                Variable: 500
                Jawbone: 500
                BjornF16: 500
                Montana: 500
                Cory: 500
                D.Davis: 500
                Total to date: 3500
                Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• rickOshay
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2012

New monolithic ideas

Sorry for being late to this dance.....

Here is a sample of the collection I've put together with the help of Sneaky and JASmith:

L to R: 127gr LRX, 120 gr GMX, 120 gr TTSX, 120 gr E-Tip, 105 gr Sneaky LRX, 100 gr TTSX, 95 gr GS Custom HV, 90 gr Sneaky E-Tip, 86 gr GSC HV, 80 gr Sneaky GMX

Sneaky cut down the LRX, GMX, E-tip and TTSX for me. JASmith worked with GS Custom to get the 86 gr HV made. Sneaky has sent a number of 80 - 95 gr GMX and TTSX also.

Will be shooting these into gels over the next few weeks.

The 80 gr GMX "Sneaky" exits my 24" barrel at about 3075 fps using AA2520.

Comment

• sneaky one
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Also John, I think Bigfoot brought this up a while back, if not- he sure did bug me about this tip idea. We are on the tip search now..

This seems like a good to go =GTG plow forward event- it's not,, The manufes need proof, we are set to launch this asap of what we found out. Any requests that are sent in are cool., yet if we have scientific proof, we will win them over faster than a group buy, of to which they have no samples to see-try- they may cheapo out on the requests... think china---- good lorde. Hang on for a bit--. waiting for ROS.

Comment

• sneaky one
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Thanks ROS, for chiming in at the best of times to do so- I have hit 3204 using a Gmx in 74grs, RL 7 was the powder- more later on that.
                      I hit 3015 fps. last wknd.; shooting an 80 Gmx- using Tac powder- no pressure signs to worry of. 20" bbl.
                      We are hoping to get the Big Manufes. to produce 2 bullet wts. Grendel specific , is the goal- yet if it's a solid mono based expanding pill - it can be used in the larger cals. Also.
                      6.6 x 55 is the next best choice =as to more speed. Yet the lighter Grr pills make this a true contender, to be even better- per app. than the venerable old 6.5x55.

The data will play out, we can all see the true genius of Bill A's . design- & its awesome -today's style of performance gains- thru the use of the best hunting bullets, driven at the best velocities., and at the lowest possible expansion speeds. The gel will reveal 2 best wts.

Too busy for us both now, I know I have to make more samples-- I'm fine with that.

Grrr is the caliber of focus- we have spent a lot of time, effort on this end result. It will be awesome, just to see the different wts. , as they expand- the penetration levels are absurd!
                      This is the start of the tease - I mentioned today- that I felt would start soon. It's a slow process- we are busy cat's.

Comment

• sneaky one
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Hanka & I - we had a sit down meal in April--- I got him a thinkin. He does not use his Grr in , southern MN for deer hunts. It's a shotgun- mzzllooader deal..
                        So he want's BC's- for targets.
                        I want short range Smashing power , with no lead spray, from the hit, upon game animals- deer sized game.

Comment

• tplace
                          Bloodstained
                          • Aug 2014

I'm in for 500, probably more depending on cost.

Comment

• Variable
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2011

Thanks Sneaky! You are obviously doing some good stuff. I can see something wicked coming out of this.

I'm in between. I want some BC and short range smash both.LOL If we could have something that makes it to .400 BC and opens down to 1600 like that pic Stan posted, I'd be pretty tickled with it.

Comment

• Variable
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by tplace View Post
                              I'm in for 500, probably more depending on cost.
                              BuhBlammo!

Buster: 500
                              Variable: 500
                              Jawbone: 500
                              BjornF16: 500
                              Montana: 500
                              Cory: 500
                              D.Davis: 500
                              TPlace: 500
                              Total to date: 4000

20% and growing!

Comment

• sneaky one
                                Chieftain
                                • Mar 2011

Crank the count forward!
                                The true enders game here, is as to what ends up on screen , as to ROS's gel tests outcomes. It's not a rush to the counter for new food idealisms here. It takes time to get this all lined up=in place, for a presentation.

I know that the horde loves to see the end results - asap!
                                This is the best patience learning lesson, that I never wanted to talk of- ever. Wait for some more cool stuff. It takes a lot of time, effort to get things done for a display.

Ask the 3 orig. guys on the first 2 handbooks, I coughed up the idea of the books years back. We are all good- the third book will be awesome- lots of data. a dvd to be able to buy for a buck, or 3- plus shipping - of the gel tests- The goal is more Grendel cats on here.
                                Last edited by sneaky one; 09-20-2014, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X