• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by TacBlade View Post
    Well, I read this post and bought a barrel from Brownell's!!! Thanks guys, my wife is going to be Pissed Off!!!
    You'll have to post a range report when you get your rifle together.

Comment

• lamrith
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

I jumped in too, ups shows landing Monday, gonna be a looong week after it arrives waiting to get to the range on the weekend!
      Anderson lower with ALG Combat trigger and Ergo F43 stock:
      18" 1:8 6.5 grendel barrel, 13" troy alpha free float, Mbuis, PA 4-14x44 FFP ACSS scope.
      SAA lower(Form 1 in process)
      16" 1:9 5.56 barrel, A2 sightpost, GI Handguard, Eotech XPS2.0 w/ 1.5-5x magnifier.
      Anderson Pistol lower:
      16" 1:8 300BLK Free Float, Eotech XPS2.0
      6" 9mm with 7" free float and KAK muzzle device, Magpull MBUIS

Comment

• TacBlade
        Bloodstained
        • Jul 2014

Larry In SD, is that South Dakota?

Comment

• Captk
          Bloodstained
          • Oct 2014

My barrel (24") and bolt arrived today, waiting for the rest of my parts.

Comment

• lamrith
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

Mine landed Yesterday! Range day not till the weekend though
            IMG_3670.jpg
            18" 1:8 6.5 grendel barrel, 13" troy alpha free float, Mbuis, PA 4-14x44 FFP ACSS scope.
            16" 1:9 5.56 barrel, A2 sightpost, GI Handguard, Eotech XPS2.0 w/ 1.5-5x magnifier.
            Anderson Pistol lower:

Comment

• m796rider
              Warrior
              • Jul 2011

Brownells' barrel cut back to 17" works very well with a Noveske NSR 13.5" handguard and the Surefire brake/suppressor mount.

Comment

• babaganoush
                Warrior
                • Jan 2013

For those who aren't in the know...

As of Oct 11, here was Brownell's description for their Grendel barrels. (as seen in Google cached pages)

Here it is, as of today:
                Chamber is 6.5 Grendel II. 750 gas blocks. Opposite side of gas port features dimples, so that gas block set screws are secured in place, preventing movement. Barrel includes 6.5 Grendel bolt. Bolt is machined from 9310, with a bolt face depth of .136".
                Screen Shot 2014-10-16 at 10.53.41 AM.jpg

Apparently it was edited in haste, as they inserted the text mid-sentence.

Caveat Emptor
                Last edited by babaganoush; 10-16-2014, 04:56 PM. Reason: Added screen shot
                "A problem thoroughly understood is always fairly simple. Found your opinions on facts, not prejudices. We know too many things that are not true."

Charles F. Kettering

Comment

• lamrith
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2014

Is there a way for me to verify what chamber my barrel has? I ordered on the 6th, but maybe they were late changing the description and hence the haste to cover their backsides?

I really didn't want a Grendel2 chamber and went with Brownells versus other vendors because the other vendors all had Grendel2 and Brownells did not. It will be very disappointing if I in fact got a Grendel2. I had planned to shoot it tonight, but I guess I will have to hold off until I can find out.

then again, I have been waiting to shoot it since Monday and close to falling over due to the shakes of having not yet shot it!
                  Last edited by lamrith; 10-16-2014, 06:09 PM.
                  Anderson Pistol lower:

Comment

• NugginFutz
                    Chieftain
                    • Aug 2013

I suspect that a call to Brownell's will answer the question. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the GII was what they've been selling all along. At least they had the integrity to add the correct chambering to the description. It's curious that the information was not provided originally, though. The manufacturers are responsible for ensuring the information is accurate prior to publication, so it may not be Brownell's fault.
                    Last edited by NugginFutz; 10-16-2014, 07:00 PM.
                    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Slappy
                      Warrior
                      • Feb 2014

X2 Call Brownells?? BANG BANG!!

Comment

• lamrith
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2014

Hrmm I was responding to a post about brownells return policies, but it has vanished?

Per that post's recommendation I am pretty sure I am going to shoot it tonight. Been waiting so long and even though I wanted Saami chamber, I will likely not be pushing the limits of this caliber to require the added benefit of the true saami chamber. These might have always been Grendel2 (I could not find any posts stating what chamber it had either way), and as we have seen these barrels seem to shoot sub MOA which is better than I can shoot most of the time right now!!

Nuggin,
                        Yeah, Not blaming Brownells if the Vendor has been sending them Grendel2 all this time, but never said anything it is not their fault. Just a bummer as I chose them because they were supposedly not. In the long run as long as it shoots well, all is good.
                        Last edited by lamrith; 10-16-2014, 09:23 PM.
                        Anderson Pistol lower:

Comment

• NugginFutz
                          Chieftain
                          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by lamrith View Post
                          Hrmm I was responding to a post about brownells return policies, but it has vanished?

Per that post's recommendation I am pretty sure I am going to shoot it tonight.

Just a bummer as I chose them because they were supposedly not. In the long run as long as it shoots well, all is good.
                          Don't remember seeing any post like that on this thread. Perhaps another? Either way, a return would only be possible prior to shooting it, so bear that in mind.

As I said elsewhere, it only makes good business sense that a customer is allowed the decency of an informed decision. Good luck with your shooting.
                          If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• lamrith
                            Warrior
                            • Sep 2014

The accuracy is still great on these barrels.

Shot @ 100yrds yesterday 5, 6, 7th rounds ever down the barrel. Hornady Amax 123Grn factory rounds.
                            .863MOA
                            target1.jpg
                            Last edited by lamrith; 10-17-2014, 07:08 PM.
                            Anderson Pistol lower:

Comment

• TacBlade
                              Bloodstained
                              • Jul 2014

Waiting on my Brownells barrel and other parts to return from Ceracote!!! Seems like forever!!!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by TacBlade; 11-30-2014, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• jurassic
                                Warrior
                                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
                                Don't remember seeing any post like that on this thread. Perhaps another? Either way, a return would only be possible prior to shooting it, so bear that in mind.

As I said elsewhere, it only makes good business sense that a customer is allowed the decency of an informed decision. Good luck with your shooting.
                                That has not been my experience with Brownells, if you are not happy with a product they sell they will make it right. I speak from experience. Cut and pasted from web site. Brownells is a first class outfit, buy with confidence.

Our Promise To Our Customers: Your satisfaction is GUARANTEED - Period. If you aren’t completely, 100% satisfied with any item you purchased from us for any reason return it for a full refund or exchange.

We Guarantee Your Satisfaction 100%-Forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X