• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tackdriver
    Warrior
    • Feb 2013

6.5 grendel ammo manufacturer

Is there anyone other than AA, Hornady, Precision Firearms and Wolf?

I have converted a couple new grendel shooters and they don't reload so the more options the better. I was told that one of them asked a well know east coast loading company about grendel and they claimed PF and Hornady were paying royalties to AA to sell 6.5g ammo and they weren't intrested in playing that game.
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Even if they paid royalties in years past, which would surprise me, I'd be even more surprised if they were still, now that the cartridge is SAAMI'ed and the trademark for the name "6.5 Grendel" was released as part of the SAAMI process. Sounds like your guy was told some misinformation or rumor?
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

If they're looking for ammo, send them here:

Notice that this list does not include AA or Precision Firearms, or any of the 3 loadings imported by Wolf.
      Last edited by LRRPF52; 09-24-2014, 04:32 PM.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
        Warrior
        • Apr 2011

No Royalties to AA from us. Excuse for not wanting to make the ammo, due to poor profit margins. We only do it to support the Grendel.
        "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by PrecisionFirearms View Post
          No Royalties to AA from us. Excuse for not wanting to make the ammo, due to poor profit margins. We only do it to support the Grendel.
          I will say that the PF ammo is a great value to the consumer, since you end up with Lapua brass in the end, and there are such a wide variety of loads that include:

100 gr. Nosler BT
          100 Barnes TAC-TX
          100 Barnes TTSX
          120 Barnes TTSX
          120 Barnes TAC-TX
          120 gr. Nosler BT
          123 gr. SST
          129 Nosler Accubond Long Range
          130 Berger 130 VLD-Hunting

100 gr. Scenar
          107 gr. MatchKing
          108 gr. Scenar
          120 gr. MatchKing
          120 gr. A-max
          120 Lapua Scenar-L
          123 gr. MatchKing
          123 gr. A-max Amax
          130 Berger 130 OTM Hybrid
          123 Nosler Custom Competition
          123 gr. Scenar
          123 gr. Scenar Silver

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• stanc
            Banned
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by PrecisionFirearms View Post
            No Royalties to AA from us. Excuse for not wanting to make the ammo, due to poor profit margins.
            Which is why it's going to be quite difficult to get Federal, Winchester, or any other big manufacturer to produce lower cost, brass-cased ammo in this caliber.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by stanc View Post
              Which is why it's going to be quite difficult to get Federal, Winchester, or any other big manufacturer to produce lower cost, brass-cased ammo in this caliber.
              Not for them. Using Lapua brass increases the costs significantly at their current prices, which Federal or any other major US maker wouldn't consider, seeing how they already make their own brass.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• stanc
                Banned
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                Not for them. Using Lapua brass increases the costs significantly at their current prices, which Federal or any other major US maker wouldn't consider, seeing how they already make their own brass.
                Of course the major US ammo makers would use their own brass. You seem to be missing the point. It took nearly a decade for Federal to offer relatively low-cost, brass-cased 6.8 SPC ammo, and that appears to be solely a side benefit of the Saudi military contract. Winchester still doesn't make 6.8 SPC ammo.

Since there's a much bigger market for 6.8 SPC, than for 6.5 Grendel, what reason is there to think either Federal or Winchester can be convinced there is sufficient profitability in producing budget-priced 6.5 Grendel ammo?

Comment

• sneaky one
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Stan, I can't leak a thing- yet options are on the table soon for at least 2 manufs. Don't say a word - OMG, I never had to deal with top secret stuff before!== Yikes. I

could not believe my ears! Yet I must be quiet for a long while. I must sound like a teaser? No, that;s not my style..

It's just a waiting game. Many Manuuf have noticed the Grrr. Some of us have been busy is all.

The 6.8 is what it is, it won't grow- expand much from here on. Rock River is in lala land on this idea. Good fun , as always.

Comment

• Blacklab
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2012

Sneaky one, Can't wait to see what's coming. A bigger faster Hornady manufacturing plant would be ideal. lol
                    Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

Working...
                    X