• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Macht
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2013

WTS/WTT: 6.5 Grendel ACR Conversion Kit

This is my 6.5 Grendel conversion kit, done by Mike at ArgonautsReinc. The barrel is Alexander Arms, 18" long with a 1/7.5 twist. The kit includes the Argonauts 7.62/6.5 bolt that the barrel was headspaced to. In addition, I'll throw in two C Products 5 round mags. The barrel has somewhere on the order of 300 ~ 350 rounds through it.

Things to note:
    • There is a small brass shim under the front of the gas block to level it, this insures that the op rod rides smoothly.
    • The gas block has been modified to be adjustable via set screw.
    • The gas port is too large, in order for proper functioning the regulator should be set to the "S" setting.
    • The barrel was short chambered from the factory and had to be throated by my smith. Consequently, it is no longer a SAAMI spec Grendel chamber, instead more akin to the Saturn "Grendel II". On the plus side, it no longer jams factory ammo hard into the lands.

While I enjoyed using this kit with my gun, I've realized that the ACR was simply not designed as a precision weapon. It's fun, but I won't claim amazing accuracy. I have over $1000 into this kit between the cost of the components and the associated labor. $600 shipped

IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0182.jpg
    IMG_0183.jpg
    Last edited by Macht; 12-09-2014, 05:29 AM.
  • Macht
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2013

Price drop.

Comment

• MacG19
      Unwashed
      • Feb 2015

I'm interested- PM sent

Comment

Working...
      X