• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NCTTA
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2014

Need help with HG length

Anyone know the minimum length I can go with to cover a SLR adj gas block when used on Lilja AR740?
  • Slappy
    Warrior
    • Feb 2014

What is the barrel length? or do all 740s come in one size?? BANG BANG!!

Comment

• montana
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2011

With a mid length gas system it would take a 10 1/2 inch hand guard to just cover the SLR gas block. I prefer the 15" hand guard and can still easily adjust the front of the SLR gas block. Hope this helps.

Comment

• biodsl
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2011

The Lilja 740 is a rifle length gas system. My 12 inch Midwest Industries handguard does not cover the gas block. Looking at the .pdf you have: 1.9 inch gas block journal, plus 13.265 for the extension to the GB journal, minus 1.121 for the extension inside the receiver. So I think you need 14.044 inches to cover the GB journal. A 13 inch handguard might cover a GB, but only just.
        Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• montana
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2011

IMG_0732.jpg Rifle length gas system takes a 14" hand guard to cover the SLR gas block. I just put a tape measure to it This is a 15" hand guard on my Lilja 20" 740 Grendel. Sorry for the mix up.
          Last edited by montana; 10-06-2014, 03:38 AM.

Comment

• NCTTA
            Unwashed
            • Sep 2014

Montana, thanks for that pic! What HG is that and how far is the block inside the end of th HG?

Comment

• montana
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by NCTTA View Post
              Montana, thanks for that pic! What HG is that and how far is the block inside the end of th HG?
              http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/...tegory_ID=1211 The gas block sits 1" inside the hand guard with my 15" MI K-series hand guard. These hand guards are very slim but you need to put green loc-tite on the outside of the barrel nut when assembling them to your rifle or they will some times walk forward during recoil. Do not over tighten them or they can break the hand guard barrel nut studs that fit on the propriety barrel nut. I have a SLR clamp on gas block with this rifle but it is a tight fit and there was another forum member who had issues with the clamp on version touching the hand guard when the hand guard flexed which was a concern for him with barrel harmonics. I never had this problem . The screw type SLR gas block has more room than the clamp on version .

Comment

• am4966
                Chieftain
                • Jul 2014

SLR makes a 14" rail with either MLok or Keymod. One would have to think it'll fit over the slr gas block and they are just over 200.00
                12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• NCTTA
                  Unwashed
                  • Sep 2014

Thanks for the help and suggestions!

Comment

• aclark
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2011

I have the Troy Alpha and had to go with the 15" as the 13" would not cover my gas block (Troy lo pro). I can take pics and measurements if you want them.

Comment

• Jakal
                      Warrior
                      • May 2014

I have one of these http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?r...product_id=123 under one of these http://www.samson-mfg.com/mm5/mercha...OLUTION_KEYMOD. Don't forget the gas tube. http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?r...&product_id=98

All that black and silver barrel looks pretty awesome. I went with just the thread protector from Lilja and didn't worry about the flash hider. Mount the SLR gas block right on the shoulder. I tried the .030 gap and verified with a carbon residue "figure 8" that it was blocking the gas port.

Last edited by Jakal; 10-07-2014, 12:44 AM.
                      ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

• NCTTA
                        Unwashed
                        • Sep 2014

I decided to go with the slr adj block and slr mlok 14" solo lite

Comment

• aclark
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2011

Just because I felt like getting her out and snapping a few photos. Front of the gas block is 1.5" from the end of the handguard.

Comment

• NCTTA
                            Unwashed
                            • Sep 2014

So 14" SLR should be just enough to completely cover GB

Comment

Working...
                            X