• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 81police
    Warrior
    • Feb 2013

ATN Shot Trak and 60lb boar

Sunday evening these 4 little boars came in. I was concerned about the Shot Trak capturing the light but it did OK.

Anyways, the boar was in the neighborhood of 60lbs and the feeder is at 100 yards. The AA loaded 120 TSX zipped right through him and left that textbook Barnes double-bore diameter exit hole. He will be good eating

Still enjoying this ATN camera, it's a good "starter" action camera. Not the best camera, but the 5x optical lens makes it a little better for these type of shots over a GoPro.

John 11:25-26
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Bye bye piggy, piggy bye bye...

Nice that you are able to get textbook results with the 120gr TSX. We are commonly told that it won't open up like it's meant to from the 6.5 Grendel, and yet it has been dropping everything from pigs to elk (at 407yds) for years and years now.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• MKo
      Bloodstained
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
      Bye bye piggy, piggy bye bye...

Nice that you are able to get textbook results with the 120gr TSX. We are commonly told that it won't open up like it's meant to from the 6.5 Grendel, and yet it has been dropping everything from pigs to elk (at 407yds) for years and years now.
      it's all about shot placement... Do head/spine shots and it doesn't matter what bullet you use.
      Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Comment

• 81police
        Warrior
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
        We are commonly told that it won't open up like it's meant to from the 6.5 Grendel
        Whoever said that must not have actually used them much! This was a quartering shoulder shot btw. Here's exit wound...

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2013

BOOM! Dead.

A very short story.
          Kill a hog. Save the planet.
          My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• Kikn
            Warrior
            • Nov 2011

Nice....I first read the title and thought it was 600 Lb.. Now that I'm done with my factory sst I'm switching to Barnes. Not that I'm dissatisfied with the Hornady I just want to see what Barnes does on piggies

Comment

• 81police
              Warrior
              • Feb 2013

Kikn, I used SST's for a little bit, but like the crazy-consistent penetration, expansion, and weight retention of the TSX's. SST is a great bullet though. It's like Ford vs Chevy...I just happen to be a Barnes man myself.

Comment

• Slappy
                Warrior
                • Feb 2014

Heck ya!! The curly shuffle in the dirt!!! Nice going. Thanks for posting. BANG BANG!!!!

Comment

• am4966
                  Chieftain
                  • Jul 2014

I'm so jealous of you guys who get to hunt hogs! We have them in some parts of Michigan now. But it's about a 3 hour drive for me.
                  12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                  Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                  Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• wheelguner
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2011

Just wait, they along with coyotes, will be in your back yard soon. Pigs are a menace and a threat to crops. Those that haven't seen what they can do to a field in a single night can't believe it. Coyotes are adapting and becoming urban gangsters and have a particular affinity for cats. I am a three hour drive from the farms in South Georgia and we try and go at least once a month to try and thin the hogs for the farmers but we aren't putting a dent in their numbers. The farmers welcome us and wish we could do more.

Comment

• Trock03
                      Bloodstained
                      • Jun 2012

Hogs, deer and quail all at once!!!!!!!!! That's got to be what heaven is like!! Thanks for the video 81. Watching that makes me want the ATN that much more.

TC

Comment

Working...
                      X