X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Came across a Lehigh Instagram photo, just for fun! Controlled Chaos, 6.5mm, 95-grains.
    Attached Files
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• JASmith
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2014

Initial indications from my ONE each 5-shot group with the 95 grain bullets is that they are likely to produce adequate accuracy for deer and hog hunting when seated to magazine length in the Grendel. Problem with the assessment was that the winds were finicky and brisk and the shooter wasn't doing well enough that neither the wind nor assumed inaccurate bullets could be used as an alibi. Hence they might do a lot better when a competent shooter tries them!

I have another batch set up to do a 10-shot string but the winds were too strong and finicky (10 gusting to 15 coming down over a hill) today when I was at the range. The group for my fouling rounds opened up to half again normal size, so I decided not to push these tests until conditions are a bit better.

Has anyone busted a deer or hog with these bullets or are we still trying to get used to the idea of them?
      shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
      -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

Working...
      X