Wild Pig hunting in Washington State; where do you go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tombo
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2014

Wild Pig hunting in Washington State; where do you go?

Wild pig hunting is something that I've always wanted to do. I've heard that there are places in Washington St. where there are wild pigs, but have yet to substantiate where. I contacted the Dept. of Fish and Game, and they sent me an e-mail that stated that wild pigs are considered a pest, and therefore no hunting license is required, and no restrictions are placed on size or type of ordnance. I'd like to take my Grendel out and give it a try, but have not been able to substantiate where those elusive critters are. If anyone has any substantial info as to where a good pig hunting area might be, I would appreciate it. Thank you.
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

I've heard unsubstantiated rumors of some on private land, but no definitive locations. Oregon DOES have some recognized populations, though.

Comment

• lamrith
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

Tagging this myself, always wanted to go hog hunting.
      Anderson lower with ALG Combat trigger and Ergo F43 stock:
      18" 1:8 6.5 grendel barrel, 13" troy alpha free float, Mbuis, PA 4-14x44 FFP ACSS scope.
      SAA lower(Form 1 in process)
      16" 1:9 5.56 barrel, A2 sightpost, GI Handguard, Eotech XPS2.0 w/ 1.5-5x magnifier.
      Anderson Pistol lower:
      16" 1:8 300BLK Free Float, Eotech XPS2.0
      6" 9mm with 7" free float and KAK muzzle device, Magpull MBUIS

Comment

• Blacklab
        Warrior
        • Mar 2012

There's been rumors of seeing a few around FT Lewis. Never really heard anything substantiated in this state though. There are hunts in northern California. Not sure of cost but their there. Good Luck in your quest. Keep us in the loop.
        Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

• 257WTBY
          Unwashed
          • Nov 2014

There is some hog hunting on the east side over here by Spokane. It's on a big ranch here. He has hogs all the way up to 600lbs. I actually worked for the guy for a few years guiding for Turkeys. Shoot me a PM if you want more information...

Comment

• Mountain Man
            Bloodstained
            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by 257WTBY View Post
            There is some hog hunting on the east side over here by Spokane. It's on a big ranch here. He has hogs all the way up to 600lbs. I actually worked for the guy for a few years guiding for Turkeys. Shoot me a PM if you want more information...
            Interesting. I think the OP was referring to wild populations though.
            "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF? I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Comment

• bwaites
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Interesting. I think the OP was referring to wild populations though.
              They could be wild populations. There are some pretty good sized ranches.

Comment

Working...
              X