Anyone here, hunting pigs in mid tn or northern half of AL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • L615
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2014

Anyone here, hunting pigs in mid tn or northern half of AL?

Just curious if any of you live in northern AL or mid TN that have pigs around? I see plenty of posts about TX pigs but I'm just wondering how close they are to me here almost dead nuts in the middle on TN. I have a few places that I can go blast them down in FL but am anxious to be able to hunt them close by. However I am NOT anxious to deal with the damage they cause here close to home.
  • rebelsoul
    Warrior
    • Jan 2014

In Alabama, thankfully no pigs in my hunting club, in northern Jackson county. Northern Limestone county still has pigs as well as western Lauderdale county. Sorry, I don't have access to any of the infested properties. Several years ago I eliminated the hog problem on a small lease in central Limestone county; In one week the hogs destroyed my finely prepared deer hunting honey hole.
    "When you have to shoot... Shoot! Don't talk." Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez a.k.a. "The Rat".

Comment

• REB
      Bloodstained
      • Oct 2013

There are a few pigs in Limestone county but not many that I have seen. I have been looking for a place to hunt them myself.

Comment

• Soyben
        Unwashed
        • Oct 2013

Sorry can't hunt pigs in middle Tennessee from the TWRA website

"In 2011, new regulations were enacted that changed wild hog management. Wild hogs are no longer regarded as big game animals in Tennessee. In order to remove the incentive to relocate wild hogs, they are now considered a destructive species to be controlled by methods other than sport hunting.

It is illegal to possess, transport, or release live wild hogs."

Land owners are free to shoot away year round however. You can also take a wild hog while on a deer or bear hunt on some public lands in East Tennessee.
        Last edited by Soyben; 10-23-2014, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X