X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sneaky one
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

This thread is on temp. hiatus! Too busy for a while between the 9 of us. Hang on till a something cool shows up . Sorry guys !

Comment

• sneaky one
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

So, I made some 89.6 grn. pills up today= a 30 pack, Of the Chaos brass pills.

Same amount of rifling contact- just less wt.= S0 I can mimic my gmx loads in the 95 grn wts' for the 90 class of brass. Should be fun.

I have a small bit bite of data from JaS- pressure test data.

I think that I can hit 2900 easy with the brass pill, in 90 grns. form.

Comment

• Nukes
        Banned
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
        ...Instead of a dull mushroom shape pushing it's way through organs or a large faced meplat (like a hardcast bullet) pushing material away like a pressure bow wave, the petals act like the blades in a blender (deer organ soup)...
        As appealing as the "blender" imagery is, the sharp petals are only a marginal advantage in the last few centimeters of soft tissue travel. At the slowest of travel speeds, the sharp edges may cut important structures that otherwise would simply be pushed out of the way. Yes, that is an advantage, but it is a marginal advantage—especially compared to the importance of vital zone shot placement.

Has anyone gotten their hands on the newish Berger 6.5mm 130 gn AR Tacticals?
        Berger has come out with a new 6.5mm 130 grain AR Hybrid Tactical bullet for the AR-15 and AR-10 calibers. It will also work well in all your bolt guns in 260 Rem, 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5x47, 6.5x284, and for the 6.5 Grendel. I will be loading these up in some 6.5x47 to play with. Let me know i...

That projectile is listed in Litz's latest book:

Last edited by Nukes; 12-05-2014, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• sneaky one
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Nukes, you and I can chat of a many items- yet we need Bigfoot back on here. It seems as tho I pissed him off one odd day, now he keeps me silent- help me out dude..

Comment

• Sniper338
            Warrior
            • Dec 2014

yall got too much time on your hands LOL!

Comment

• kmon
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Nukes View Post
              As appealing as the "blender" imagery is, the sharp petals are only a marginal advantage in the last few centimeters of soft tissue travel. At the slowest of travel speeds, the sharp edges may cut important structures that otherwise would simply be pushed out of the way. Yes, that is an advantage, but it is a marginal advantage—especially compared to the importance of vital zone shot placement.

Has anyone gotten their hands on the newish Berger 6.5mm 130 gn AR Tacticals?
              Berger has come out with a new 6.5mm 130 grain AR Hybrid Tactical bullet for the AR-15 and AR-10 calibers. It will also work well in all your bolt guns in 260 Rem, 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5x47, 6.5x284, and for the 6.5 Grendel. I will be loading these up in some 6.5x47 to play with. Let me know i...

That projectile is listed in Litz's latest book:

http://appliedballisticsllc.com/Bull...Files/TOC3.pdf
              Have 500 in route, or could go pick them up today. Will donate some to the cause.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2013

Kmon - it's fair to point out that that member has recently earned a ban and will be unable to respond.
                If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• kmon
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2015

Opps, didn't notice that. Thanks

Comment

• m796rider
                    Warrior
                    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by kmon View Post
                    Have 500 in route, or could go pick them up today. Will donate some to the cause.
                    Did you order direct from Berger? Thanks.

Comment

• kmon
                      Chieftain
                      • Feb 2015

piked them up from a custom reloader north of Dallas. Actually the one that posted them on the Texashuntingforum

You can order direct from Berger. From an email from Berger

This bullet has just been released and is available from us with the following information for you.

Part number: 26195

Retail Price: $52.80

Use the same reloading data for 6.5 VLD with the hybrid bullet, but the Hybrids are supposed to be less seating depth sensitive. G7 BC of .288 is pretty high for a Grendel bullet.
                      Last edited by kmon; 02-13-2015, 01:03 AM.

Comment

• rickOshay
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2012

How does this latest BATF action to ban the M855 affect thoughts on steel tips?
                        In a move clearly intended by the Obama Administration to suppress the acquisition, ownership and use of AR-15s and other .223 caliber general purpose rifles, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives unexpectedly announced today that it intends to ban commonplace M855 ball ammunition as “armor piercing ammunition.” The decision continues Obama’s use of his executive authority to impose gun control restrictions to bypass Congress.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                          Super Moderator
                          • Sep 2014

We'll see after the Congressional phoneboard lights up like a Christmas tree on Tuesday. They thought they calculated well by announcing on Friday close of business, on a 3-day weekend, with hopes that the attention-deficit generation will not remember by Tuesday.

My Reps will get called, and I know I won't be the only one. When it was 7n6, a lot of people didn't care, because they've never heard of it, and didn't hear about it. This will be different.

The implications cover a wide range of projectiles if you think about it.
                          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• sneaky one
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2011

When did this all fire up?

Comment

• Variable
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                              We'll see after the Congressional phoneboard lights up like a Christmas tree on Tuesday. They thought they calculated well by announcing on Friday close of business, on a 3-day weekend, with hopes that the attention-deficit generation will not remember by Tuesday.

My Reps will get called, and I know I won't be the only one. When it was 7n6, a lot of people didn't care, because they've never heard of it, and didn't hear about it. This will be different.

The implications cover a wide range of projectiles if you think about it.
                              Particularly when they can just arbitrarily make crap up that doesn't even fit their previous rules.

If I were to look up "capricious", I'd probably find the BATFE logo right there in the definition.
                              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Variable
                                Chieftain
                                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
                                When did this all fire up?
                                Friday evening. At least that's when Arfcom found out about it. It proceeded to explode from there.
                                Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                                We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Working...
                                X