X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buck2732
    Warrior
    • Feb 2012

I could not find my book... bugger I think i have been beaten to it anyway.
    Buck2732

"You will know you are in a nuclear attack by the bright flash, loud explosion, widespread destruction, intense heat, strong winds and the rising of a mushroom cloud".

"I have no idea what weapons will be used in the next world war... but I do know that world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones". A Einstein.

PER ARDUA

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Yup, 6mm Lee Navy, which allowed a basic load of 180 rounds per soldier easily, not to be seen again until the introduction of the AR15.

Next one:
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• stanc
        Banned
        • Apr 2011

Buck, don't feel bad. I used to have a fairly good collection of military rifle cartridges. The 6mm USN was one of the early smokeless powder rounds I had, so it was pretty easy for me to recognize.

Inset in the pic below is my 6mm Navy specimen. Had planned to use the illustration in a book on the development of US military small arms.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Buck2732
          Warrior
          • Feb 2012

I have just made the house look like a tornado has been and thrown my books about.
          Buck2732

"You will know you are in a nuclear attack by the bright flash, loud explosion, widespread destruction, intense heat, strong winds and the rising of a mushroom cloud".

"I have no idea what weapons will be used in the next world war... but I do know that world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones". A Einstein.

PER ARDUA

Comment

• stanc
            Banned
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
            Yup, 6mm Lee Navy, which allowed a basic load of 180 rounds per soldier easily, not to be seen again until the introduction of the AR15.

Next one:
            Too easy.

6.5x54 M-S is one of the possible parent cases I looked at when trying my hand at designing a General Purpose Cartridge about 15 years ago.

And even if I hadn't known it from that previous experience, your thread in the Bolt-Action section would've given it away...
            Last edited by stanc; 10-22-2014, 11:35 PM.

Comment

• Buck2732
              Warrior
              • Feb 2012

Okay pop pickers how about these two...

PA220737.jpg
              Buck2732

PER ARDUA

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

25x110 is my guess for the left.

30mm ADEN on the Right
                NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Buck2732
                  Warrior
                  • Feb 2012

Bloody hell one right and its the one on the right.
                  Buck2732

PER ARDUA

Comment

• montana
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2011

Is the one on the left a Flak 138 Solothurn
                    Last edited by montana; 10-24-2014, 02:24 AM.

Comment

• Buck2732
                      Warrior
                      • Feb 2012

Sorry but no.
                      Buck2732

PER ARDUA

Comment

• Variable
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

27x145b ?
                        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Buck2732
                          Warrior
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Variable View Post
                          27x145b ?
                          You sir are a winner.
                          Buck2732

PER ARDUA

Comment

Working...
                          X