I installed a new 3 lb. Timney trigger in my 16" Grendel...WOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tombo
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2014

I installed a new 3 lb. Timney trigger in my 16" Grendel...WOW!

I finally got my new 3lb. Timney trigger installed today. I took 60 rounds of Sierra 100 gr. HP, loaded with 29.2 gr. of H-335, COL of 2.250, and headed for the range. At 100 yards, the first round went off with a totally crisp ( like breaking glass) trigger break. It was as smooth as silk! I subsequently put 29 more rounds down range, and shot a nice jagged .5" hole in the x ring. For a single stage trigger, this one rocks! My thanks to all who recommended the Timney. It was well worth the investment. I also put a Sightron II 6x24x42 on the picatinny rail, which is as clear as a Summer day. This is a great combination.
  • rabiddawg
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2013

Some things are worth what we pay for them. Good triggers are on that list.
    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Blacklab
      Warrior
      • Mar 2012

That's a great trigger for sure imo. Put one on mine when I built it, happy happy.
      Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

• Dan_Backslide
        Unwashed
        • Oct 2014

I had to spend some time learning a thing or two about triggers so I could be a half way decent salesman at a gun show I was filling in for. But anyways triggers make a huge difference in your ability with the gun. They are the interface between yourself and the gun. If your interface isn't smooth and is overly heavy then you lose a lot of performance.

It's sort of like putting a 500 horsepower engine in a Geo Metro. If your trigger is like a Geo Metro then you aren't going to be able to squeeze everything out of that engine, because your interface with that engine is shit. You'd be far better off putting that 500 horsepower engine into a BMW, Audi, or Mercedes.

Comment

• 65Whelen
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

I want to add that not only is it a good trigger their customer service is very good. Not being a perfect world the Timney trigger I had installed in my first AR had tons of creep, I was not happy, sent it back to Timney. They adjusted it to a crisp clean brake at 3lbs, no creep, and returned it to me in 10 days. Excellent customer service.

Comment

• Tedward
            Banned
            • Feb 2013

Did you get the skeloton model, 661-S 3lb or the 667-S 3lb? I'm waiting for them to go on sale to try in another build.

Comment

• 65Whelen
              Warrior
              • Sep 2014

Mine is not the Skeleton model. Wish it was it's a cool feature.

Comment

• am4966
                Chieftain
                • Jul 2014

Tedward you looking for skeleton model?
                12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Tedward
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by am4966 View Post
                  Tedward you looking for skeleton model?
                  More so looking at pricing waiting for a sale. I am more interested in the non skeleton. It is a flat bow, flat balde, like my Geiselle Super Dynamic. I want to compair the two with the same blade. Single stage and 2 stage but need to compair apples to apples as much as possible. The Skeleton model has a bow blade but still might be interested. Do you have one to sell? You can PM me if you want to discuss.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X