• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vmaxed
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2014

First Blood (but no John Rambo here)

I have had my Grendel for about 2 years now and had originally put it together for shooting steel. I decided to try and hunt with it last year but never got the time to develop a load with the 123gr SST's while the factory ammo just didn't shoot all that well. So after getting a hold of some 123gr SST bullets this year finally, I developed a load and took here out for the first time this past week. On Wednesday I filled a doe tag, head shot at 212 yards, no pics as it was pretty gruesome.

On Friday I went with a buddy to a different spot and while neither of us filled our buck tags this coyote did fall victim to another SST. The exit wound was pretty impressive; needless to say, she didn't go far.

My buddy was going to tube her out, but didn't make it much longer after the picture was taken. That was by far the stinkiest dog I have ever killed and we weren't packing it or the hide back with us.
    Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.
  • Slappy
    Warrior
    • Feb 2014

Very nice and a heck of a setup . good going. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Congrats on a good harvest, and I like your set up. Looks like you have a well balanced rifle that does well at both. The 123gr SST has turned out to be a great little bullet.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• sneaky one
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Nice shooting V M , BTW, that table that your rifle is on looks interesting, any history upon it? Nice rifle setup.

Comment

• Vmaxed
          Unwashed
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
          Nice shooting V M , BTW, that table that your rifle is on looks interesting, any history upon it? Nice rifle setup.
          My Grandpa made that table for me when I was in college to put a fish tank on. Made the entire thing from pallets, except for the dark wood which is walnut I believe that some family brought out to WY from PA when they were visiting. Very resourceful and smart man. One of those guys that just got stuff done and most of the time with far less or inferior tools than one would anticipate. He liked working with his hands.

....he actually made my Grandma a dining room table that looks very similar as well before he passed.

And now that you mentioned it, apparently all I use it for is getting pictures of my AR's.

Last edited by Vmaxed; 10-24-2014, 05:19 PM.
          Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.

Comment

Working...
          X