X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PrecisionFirearms
    Warrior
    • Apr 2011

Precision Firearms is working on the First batch of Side Charge Upper Receivers

Precision Firearms is working on the First batch of Side Charge Upper Receivers.

These will be 7075T6 Billet.

No Forward Assist. Not needed with Right Side Reciprocating charging handle.
    Knurled Knob in stainless and in Phalanx (black nitride)
    No Shell Deflector or Port Cover
    Our Carrier modified to work with the side charge.
    M4 Feed Ramps
    Still accepts top standard charging handle for back-up.
    Carriers available in Phalanx and in Super Match (+40)

Price will be 200.00 plus modified Phalanx carrier (No Bolt) with knob at 135.00.

Available for pre-order at 300 even with Phalanx carrier . After we have them introduced this discount will no be available. Pictures will be available in about a week. They should be completed in 3 weeks and ready to ship within a month.

Precision Firearms
    Mark Hostetter
    Last edited by PrecisionFirearms; 10-22-2014, 07:37 PM.
    "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."
  • aclark
    Warrior
    • Dec 2011

Reciprocating handle?

Comment

• cory
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2012

Interesting. Personally I'm still waiting for you to put out a 6.5 Grendel Receiver Set with an enlarged magwell kind of like the 6.8 has but in both width and length enough to allow for a polymer mag that'd allow a max COL of 2.29".

Anyways, good luck with this Mark.
      "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
        Warrior
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by aclark View Post
        Reciprocating handle?
        Yes it will reciprocate. This is due to popular demand in a hunting rifle so the carrier can be dropped slowing and locked into place. We are also building these for those states that don't allow Semi Auto for hunting. We will make the barrels with no gas port.

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
          Warrior
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by cory View Post
          Interesting. Personally I'm still waiting for you to put out a 6.5 Grendel Receiver Set with an enlarged magwell kind of like the 6.8 has but in both width and length enough to allow for a polymer mag that'd allow a max COL of 2.29".

Anyways, good luck with this Mark.
          We could work on a design. I believe the 6.8 SPC mags made for LWRCI will work great with the Grendel. But they are only available in 25 round. How many folks would be interested in 25 round mag for hunting or target shooting?

Comment

• cory
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2012

Polymer mags count me in!!!

Comment

• pinzgauer
              Warrior
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by PrecisionFirearms View Post
              We could work on a design. I believe the 6.8 SPC mags made for LWRCI will work great with the Grendel. But they are only available in 25 round. How many folks would be interested in 25 round mag for hunting or target shooting?
              My input:

25 rounds is not the issue for me. While I'd love a poly mag option, I'm not willing to compromise the core AR-15 compatibility that Grendel offers. IE: the capability to use standard lowers, mag pouches, etc.

Once I go non-standard, I'll just cut to AR-10 platforms.

I'd much rather see time spent on further metal mag improvements or one of the hybrid steel/poly's that work with standard AR-15 lowers.

I've not had a problem C-products mag from 2008 through last year. Have not done much with ASC.

Just my candid input, you have bigger fish to fry.

But my grendels shoot reliably with standard PMAGS downloaded to 5-10 rounds. Maybe I'm just lucky with non-finicky grendels, maybe due to decent quality *and standard* components. (SAAMI chamber, AA or approved mfg barrel/bolt, LMT complete lowers, Milspec M16 carrier, etc)

The side charge uppers & BC sound interesting though!

Comment

• aclark
                Warrior
                • Dec 2011

I hope all goes well with these, but its not for me. If you focus on the hunting crowd with these great, but I for one don't want a metal handle flying at my face every time I fire my rifle. Been looking at a couple non-reciprocating uppers and I'm really intrigued by them, just don't want to have to rebuild my upper since its shooting well.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                  Super Moderator
                  • Sep 2014

The response from the majority of 6.8 owners has been lukewarm at best on what LWRC did with the Six8, since it takes standardization away even more in an already shaky foundation for that cartridge. LWRC did the right thing for their contract by taking total ownership of the receiver design and magazine cooperation with Magpul, but it was never tackled with the intent to fill some small niche in the civilian 6.8 market.

The biggest advantages that 6.5 Grendel and 6.8 have is AR15 platform commonality of parts, with no need for anything special other than a barrel, bolt, and mags. That has opened so many doors, and really is a big factor in the recipe for success. I suspect Grendel would run well from the Six8 mags, maybe, but how many people are really clamoring for 30rd mag capacity for both of these cartridges in the AR15?
                  NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
                    Warrior
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by aclark View Post
                    I hope all goes well with these, but its not for me. If you focus on the hunting crowd with these great, but I for one don't want a metal handle flying at my face every time I fire my rifle. Been looking at a couple non-reciprocating uppers and I'm really intrigued by them, just don't want to have to rebuild my upper since its shooting well.
                    I was concerned about this too, but our test platform rifle with side charge handle has convinced me otherwise. I don't even see the handle as it is on the right side and my face is on the left side. I would never recommend a reciprocating side charge on the left side. We use ASA and JP Nonreciprocating side chargers for these. They are both patented. I believe I have found a good way around the patent. We do have a design in the drawing phases.

Mark Hostetter

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
                      Warrior
                      • Apr 2011

As for the Lower - This is why I haven't spent much time on it. Maybe a billet Machined Mag especially for Grendel at about 150 a pop??

Comment

• TacBlade
                        Bloodstained
                        • Jul 2014

25 and 30 round mags are to long! I do not fire my 6.5 Grendel at a high rate. The Grendel is built for midrange precision shooting, no need for high cap mags.

Comment

• cory
                          Chieftain
                          • Jun 2012

No need for you. I NEED a 25+rd pmag! HAHA

If someone builds and sells a modified receiver set how does the Grendel loose it's ability to be built into an AR15 platform??? If you would rather have you Grendel in an AR15 platform, more power to you. I, for one would be first in line for the modified receiver set.

I don't think you'd loose any commonality with AR15 parts, even the bolt carrier. At least not with the design I have in my head.

Comment

• aclark
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2011

I was concerned about this too, but our test platform rifle with side charge handle has convinced me otherwise. I don't even see the handle as it is on the right side and my face is on the left side. I would never recommend a reciprocating side charge on the left side. We use ASA and JP Nonreciprocating side chargers for these. They are both patented. I believe I have found a good way around the patent. We do have a design in the drawing phases.

Mark Hostetter
                            My apologizes, I guess I didn't read carefully enough, or just didn't process that it was right side charging. I can maybe see a use for those, but the idea I like about the left side is not having to remove your hand off the grip/trigger, or your cheek from the stock. Never the less good luck to you!

Comment

• stanc
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2011

I was concerned about this too, but our test platform rifle with side charge handle has convinced me otherwise. I don't even see the handle as it is on the right side and my face is on the left side.
                              Having learned on the M1 Garand, M1 carbine, and M14 rifle, a reciprocating bolt handle never bothered me. Actually, I greatly prefer it over the AR15's rear-mounted T-handle.

Comment

Working...
                              X