Nosler brass on clearance. Is it worth the pricetag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AmishEskimoNinja
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2013

Nosler brass on clearance. Is it worth the pricetag?

I saw midway has nosler 6.5 grendel brass on clearance. Still $58 for 50, which is more than even the Lapua brass is normally. Is it worth the price? Is it significantly better than the Lapua?

The biggest problem I see with buying very fancy Grendel brass is that they get beat up a little because of normal operation in a semi.
  • sneaky one
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Not sure if any here have tried the Nos yet. Hard to beat the AA-Lap. brass, 20 reloads are possible from them == 5 cents per loading== a sweet deal, @ a buck a pop, back in the days.

Yes the brass gets scratched a bit, most of them go away while tumbled- I use walnut shells, then the liquid chem cleaner. Ultra sound , unit.

I would search out better prices on all the brass- before committing to Nos. They need to sell some before prices lower, tho.

Man, that's a cool azz name- amish eskimo ninja! Could you decifer that setup? I giggled for 10 hrs. on that name! cool.

Comment

• AmishEskimoNinja
      Bloodstained
      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
      Not sure if any here have tried the Nos yet. Hard to beat the AA-Lap. brass, 20 reloads are possible from them == 5 cents per loading== a sweet deal, @ a buck a pop, back in the days.

Yes the brass gets scratched a bit, most of them go away while tumbled- I use walnut shells, then the liquid chem cleaner. Ultra sound , unit.

I would search out better prices on all the brass- before committing to Nos. They need to sell some before prices lower, tho.

Man, that's a cool azz name- amish eskimo ninja! Could you decifer that setup? I giggled for 10 hrs. on that name! cool.
      Haha, Ok. So back in day I figured no combination of religion, nationality, and occupation would be more unlikely than an Amish Eskimo Ninja. So I just acquired the name.

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

It's very good looking and feeling brass. Jury just got the case, so we need more time to deliberate, but I think it will be competitive with the Lapua brass. It looks and feels stronger than Hornady from just a subjective standpoint, but I can't back that up with hard data yet.

Case mouths are already chamfered and deburred. It's ready to load out of the box. Precision Firearms has a special on Lapua brass for $85/100 I think.

Custom AR-15 Rifles, Custom Uppers, Custom Lower, 6.5 Grendel, AR15, AR 15, AR-15, AR15 upper, custom upper, Lilja, DPMS, Precision, Precision Firearms, Precision-firearms, percision firearms, custom upper, custom ar, custom ar15, barrels, rifle barrels, Shilen, CAA, Command Arms, Yankee Hill, Yankee Hill Machine, 204 ruger, .204 ruger, 223 wyld
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• AmishEskimoNinja
          Bloodstained
          • Sep 2013

Thats a really good price.

Comment

• sneaky one
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Nice job AEN.!!

Nosler does make a good product. I'm sure it will be fine.

We will be after them for a few more soon. The plows blade has hit the road- we are a pushing soon.

I asked StanC to do a major research project for me--us all. See if he can find out who makes all the brass, bullets for the major manufes. that are sold in the world.

He just gave the first find to me- It's a 6.8 brass deal- so I'm not speaking of it. He is on the hunt now for all that's available.

Comment

• Blacklab
              Warrior
              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
              It's very good looking and feeling brass. Jury just got the case, so we need more time to deliberate, but I think it will be competitive with the Lapua brass. It looks and feels stronger than Hornady from just a subjective standpoint, but I can't back that up with hard data yet.

Case mouths are already chamfered and deburred. It's ready to load out of the box. Precision Firearms has a special on Lapua brass for $85/100 I think.

http://www.precisionfirearms.com/29.html
              I almost bought Mark's Lapua brass 100 for $85. Have never used lapua brass b4. Always used hornady Grendel. Then I just said the hell with it. A few more $$$ I can have loaded lapua brass, best of both worlds right. Looking forward to the results of accuracy and longevity of the brass.
              Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

Working...
              X