WTS Unfired Shilen 6.5 Grendel barrel and bolt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jurassic
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

WTS Unfired Shilen 6.5 Grendel barrel and bolt.

SOLD

I have a Shilen 6.5 Grendel DCM barrel and matching bolt (marked with serial number). The barrel has never been used, but I have scuffed the outside with a green Scotch Brite pad, I had planned to have it Cerakoted. It looks fine, but thats why Unfired and not new. I'll post pictures this evening. My post count is low because of the recent clean up, but I have been on the forum for awhile and I have been on fleabay over 11 years as N2RACN.

wwwoodruff@gmail.com

$400.00 Shipped! OBO
    Last edited by jurassic; 11-06-2014, 12:02 AM.
  • hydrotech
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

what does the DCM mean?

Comment

• jurassic
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

Heavy contour match barrel. I'm sure someone here knows the exact terminology.

Comment

• Tedward
        Banned
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by hydrotech View Post
        what does the DCM mean?
        This is from Kreiger Barrels. I've wondered too so googled it and read the Kreiger site. I read it means the gas port location and you don't need to space a gas block off the shoulder .033. http://www.kriegerbarrels.com/DCM__A...246-wp3394.htm

DCM: Gas port is located .265" forward of the shoulder. They are made this way to accomodate the port position on a G.I. front sight and using a free float handguard system. The G.I. location of the port is .298" but the G.I. handguards have a .033" thick sheet metal fwd plate sandwiched between the front sight and the shoulder on the barrel. If you are using a "Non free float" handguard with our DCM barrel, the shoulder of the barrel will have to be modified to accomodate this. We do not perform this modification. If you use an aftermarket gas block instead of a G.I. front sight on these barrels it is your responsibility to insure that it is compatible with our barrel

VARMATCH & CARBINE: Gas port is located .298" forward of the shoulder. This is to accomodate the majority of aftermarket gas blocks available. We include a gas block with our Varmatch barrels, however if you use an aftermarket gas block it is your responsibility to insure that it is compatible with our barrel.

Comment

• SG4247
          Warrior
          • Aug 2013

E-mail sent to gmail account.

Thanks
          NRA F-Class Mid Range High Master

Comment

• jurassic
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by SG4247 View Post
            E-mail sent to gmail account.

Thanks
            Sold pending funds. Thank you.

Comment

• jurassic
              Warrior
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Tedward View Post
              This is from Kreiger Barrels. I've wondered too so googled it and read the Kreiger site. I read it means the gas port location and you don't need to space a gas block off the shoulder .033. http://www.kriegerbarrels.com/DCM__A...246-wp3394.htm

DCM: Gas port is located .265" forward of the shoulder. They are made this way to accomodate the port position on a G.I. front sight and using a free float handguard system. The G.I. location of the port is .298" but the G.I. handguards have a .033" thick sheet metal fwd plate sandwiched between the front sight and the shoulder on the barrel. If you are using a "Non free float" handguard with our DCM barrel, the shoulder of the barrel will have to be modified to accomodate this. We do not perform this modification. If you use an aftermarket gas block instead of a G.I. front sight on these barrels it is your responsibility to insure that it is compatible with our barrel

VARMATCH & CARBINE: Gas port is located .298" forward of the shoulder. This is to accomodate the majority of aftermarket gas blocks available. We include a gas block with our Varmatch barrels, however if you use an aftermarket gas block it is your responsibility to insure that it is compatible with our barrel.
              Thanks!

Comment

• jurassic
                Warrior
                • Sep 2014

This barrel has a new owner

Sale Final, thank you!

Comment

Working...
                X