SOLD--14.5" Pinned FH Sabre defense Barrel with shaved gb, tube and barrel nut...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PigOPs
    Bloodstained
    • Oct 2014

SOLD--14.5" Pinned FH Sabre defense Barrel with shaved gb, tube and barrel nut...

SOLD--This is a Sabre Defense Barrel that is 14.5" with a pinned FH to make it 16". Chrome lined with a 7.5 twist. It shoots factory very well with little stress on the brass. I shaved the GB to free float so I have painted from the GB forward with high temp matte black paint. There are a few HG out there that work great with the standard barrel nut (I used an AP custom carbon fiber) including the Troy alpha. I goobered the nut a little when I pulled it off the first time because I used the wrong side of the wrench (too used to free floats with proprietary nuts) but it functions 100% and has been torqued to spec twice with no issues. Round count below 100

I am looking for $260 including a Maxim bolt... Paypal add 3% unless you're comfortable with F&F I have feedback on ARFCOM under the same handle.

I didn't even clean it up... just disassembled and snapped some pics. The shiny spots on taper is grease.

Here's how the gas block turned out.

Here's the nut...
    Last edited by LRRPF52; 12-23-2014, 03:44 PM. Reason: SOLD
  • PigOPs
    Bloodstained
    • Oct 2014

Now includes bolt with lower price...

Comment

• PigOPs
      Bloodstained
      • Oct 2014

Bumping this back up... price lowered NOW INCLUDING BOLT

Comment

• cjgemm
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2014

Was, is this a mid-length gas system?

Comment

• PigOPs
          Bloodstained
          • Oct 2014

It was.

Comment

• cjgemm
            Bloodstained
            • Sep 2014

Oh well, has to more out there right..

Comment

• jurassic
              Warrior
              • Sep 2014

I just sold a 14.5" one. They pop up from time to time.

Comment

• cjgemm
                Bloodstained
                • Sep 2014

I have a carbine on in carbine gas, but would like one with mid gas. Wish i would have gotten this itch sooner.

Comment

• PigOPs
                  Bloodstained
                  • Oct 2014

I sold this one and bought jurassic's haha. I needed the carbine gls so that I can run it at 12.5"

Comment

• cjgemm
                    Bloodstained
                    • Sep 2014

I run my 12.5 on a mid-length. Actually I want to cut to 13" cause right now (besides being a heavy pig) my suppressor rubs against my selector on my XLP piston kit.

Comment

• lead chucker
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by cjgemm View Post
                      I run my 12.5 on a mid-length. Actually I want to cut to 13" cause right now (besides being a heavy pig) my suppressor rubs against my selector on my XLP piston kit.
                      Guess we should put this in its own thread... But with cut to 12.5" and mid gas what loads are you using and how well does it cycle? What weight buffer?

Comment

• cjgemm
                        Bloodstained
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by lead chucker View Post
                        Guess we should put this in its own thread... But with cut to 12.5" and mid gas what loads are you using and how well does it cycle? What weight buffer?

Cycles Hornady 123's fine @ 100% gas. 25% for suppressed. Wolf Gold MPT short strokes without a suppressor, but runs fine @ 25% gas. Standard Carbine buffer, looking to replace with a JP captured spring, and their spring kit in the future.

Started a wanted to buy thread. Been looking @ customs, but the Sabre Defense chrome lined barrels shoot well and I know the chamber is right.

Comment

• lead chucker
                          Warrior
                          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by cjgemm View Post
                          Cycles Hornady 123's fine @ 100% gas. 25% for suppressed. Wolf Gold MPT short strokes without a suppressor, but runs fine @ 25% gas. Standard Carbine buffer, looking to replace with a JP captured spring, and their spring kit in the future.

Started a wanted to buy thread. Been looking @ customs, but the Sabre Defense chrome lined barrels shoot well and I know the chamber is right.
                          Great thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X