• Show
Clear All
  • NoOne
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2014

18" Lothar Walther barrel and bolt

***SOLD PENDING FUNDS***

PRICE REDUCED! $175.00 including shipping

I converted one of my practical rifle match Grendels back to 5.56mm, so I'm selling the barrel. As this was one of my match rifles, the barrel is used, but it shoots very well.

Barrel is 18" long with 5/8x24 threads on the muzzle. Complete bolt that is headspaced to this rifle is included. Gas block diameter is .75". This barrel is a heavy, non fluted profile. $175 or trade for similar value on the following items: (price includes shipping)

30 caliber bullets in either 175, or 200-210 grain weight, Sierra match king or AMAX
    6.5mm bullets in 123 grain weight, Sierra match kings, or AMAX.

Not interested in 120 grain bullets for 6.5mm.

I don't have the ability to load photos onto this web site, but I'll be happy to email photos from my cell phone to your email address if you are seriously interested.

***SOLD PENDING FUNDS***
    Last edited by NoOne; 11-12-2014, 01:11 PM. Reason: SOLD PENDING FUNDS
  • tplace
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2014

Do you know the round count, twist and could you also tell me if it is a Grendel chamber or a .264 LBC?
    Thanks
    Last edited by tplace; 11-09-2014, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• NoOne
      Bloodstained
      • Nov 2014

I used a tight patch last night to check the twist. As near as I can tell, it is either 1-8.5, or 1-9 twist. I'm really sorry I can't get closer, but if I use patches that are any tighter, I can't get the rod to go into the barrel.

I had Harrison at AR15precision to have him match up headspace on my two Grendels because the difference was stressing my brass. He used a 264 LBC reamer to finish the head spacing. Both rifles came back within 1.5 thou of each other, so my brass is much happier. The 264 LBC reamer is 5 thou tighter through the neck. So, on the ends of the case mouth, you can sometimes notice the little step down to the tighter throat.

I have no idea how many rounds went through the rifle. I used this barrel off and on for a couple of years, and would guess that the matches where I shot it used 60-80 rounds each. Because I rotated through 4 different Grendels/264 LBC/6.5 CSS rifles during these matches, I would only be guessing at a round count. Without a log book, the best I could give is a SWAG (scientific wild assed guess) on round count.
      Last edited by NoOne; 11-10-2014, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X