• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kc215
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2014

130 gr. Sierra GMK suggestions

I was going to work some of these up, but cannot find any starting data. I was looking at using data for BLC-2 for 129 gr, as I had good results with some Hornady SP. I also have some CFE223, but have not used it. Running a 14.5" AA upper currently. Various assortment of brass. I have vol. 1 and need to get vol. 2 of the handbook.

Thanks, and its good to be back. Was locked out, probably since the last hack.
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

There is data listed in Volume II of the 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks. Bwild97 did some nice research with that bullet, and his data can be searched with the CSE as well.

He tried LEVERevolution, and CFE223. LVR gave more speed, with a max of 30.9gr listed in the book. Start at 27.5gr, and work up in .3gr increments. That bullet hits hard because of the fat meplat. A good blended feed ramp is recommended when shooting that bullet for that reason.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Rugerfan.64
      Warrior
      • May 2014

I have a question. Considering that Sierra touts their HP Game King bullets as the tougher of the Game King line, will reliable bullet expansion at 300 yards be possible. Given that the starting velocity will be limited from the Grendel, and the lower BC of the Game King. What are the operating parameters of this bullet. Not trying to be critical of the bullet choice ( I love Sierra Bullets) just wondering if this bullet is perfectly matched to operate at Grendel velocities. I have loaded this bullet for my daughters 260 , which runs around 2850 fps. I have also loaded 120 gn Pro Hunters for her, ran them around 2500 and they were perfect. Loaded them to 2950 and decided to move her up to the 130 gn Game King. Again, nothing critical intended.

Comment

Working...
      X