• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PredatorDown
    Warrior
    • Jun 2014

Water Jug at 900yds

Found a new place near our property where we can stretch out to ~900yds today, so my cousin and I thought we'd give it a shot. Set up the jug at ~900 (rangefinder was having a hard time giving us a consistent reading) and gave her hell. He shot 15 rounds with his 300RUM and was dancing around about a 5' circle and couldn't ever hit it. I set up and drilled it on shot #9. After my first two shots, I was always within a few inches of it. When we drove up to it we realized I had actually hit it twice, but the first shot was right under the cap and didn't hit water so we had no idea. The second one that got it drilled it dead center!

• am4966
    Chieftain
    • Jul 2014

Nice job! When is your cousin going to build Grendel?
    12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
    Surge - Rugged Suppressor
    Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• PredatorDown
      Warrior
      • Jun 2014

He's pretty torn about what to do now! He's pretty set on selling his 300RUM to finance his next build, just hasn't decided which path to go down. I told him if he's going to build another AR, it's Grendel hands down. If he wants to build another bolt gun, it's a toss-up between 6.5 Creedmoor (probably my next build), 6.5x47 Lapua, or a 6.5x284 if he wants to do another long action.

Comment

• Fredman
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

Very nice shooting!

Comment

Working...
        X