• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbrianaustin
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2014

All done except the Kryptek cerakote...

Finally satisfied with the time and money invested in my Grendel build. Just topped it with the Vortex after getting a smoking deal on it, and now can't wait to start reloading for it so I don't break the bank and have to take out a second mortgage. Thanks again to everyone for the help previously on the possible gas issue. Will mainly be used for hunting deer, elk and hogs here in Oregon, but I'm hoping to take it out and show some of the SWAT guys on my department up with it as well. I'm planning on having a local cerakoter do a Kryptek Highlander job on it within the next few months too. Just wanted to throw the specs out there...

FDE AeroPrecision Upper & Lower
    MFT Engage Grip
    Mil-spec FCG (Hoping to get into a Geissele SSA-E soon)
    RGuns FA 6.5 BCG
    Black Hole Weaponry 20" Barrel
    Primary Weapon Systems 30cal PRC
    Centurion LowPro Gas Block (Considering a Syrac Gen2 soon to help with case denting)
    MFT Minimalist Stock
    FDE Tactical Link EBAL
    15" FDE Parallax Tactical FFSSR
    Troy QD Endplate
    Noveske Raptor CH
    Vortex Viper HS 4-16x44 in FDE Larue LT104

And with my other recent builds, the FDE/Blk is 556 and the pistol is 300BLK
  • Slappy
    Warrior
    • Feb 2014

Very nice, nice collection. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• Mountain Man
      Bloodstained
      • Nov 2014

That's a solid looking banger. How do you like that Muzzle Brake?
      "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF? I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Comment

• bigbrianaustin
        Unwashed
        • Jan 2014

I've only shot about 5 rounds with it, and it takes the already almost unnoticeable recoil down to just about zilch. Going from my 7mm Mag to this is making my shoulder very happy! Only downside is my hunting buddy told me he would kill me if I didn't warn him in some way I was going to shoot near him, because holy bajeesus is it loud.

Comment

• lead chucker
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

All are great looking rifles! I understand your buddies gripe with the brake. When hunting with mine I use my suppressor or just a thread protector. I have a brake for it but I dont like hunting with ear plugs in and the brake will ring your bell without them!!

Comment

Working...
          X