• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Another Grendel/Zeus Coyote Video

It was an awfully blustery night for the first few hours, but after the winds calmed down, the animals started appearing from the tree line, mostly deer and then a few more deer and then an armadillo or two.

This coyote finally came out and I got on the rifle as soon as possible and gave out a few rabbit squeals and he happily turned and headed for me, bounding along the way. I wanted him to stop and tried giving him another squeal or two to do that, but that only excited him more. I stopped squealing and he went right by the stand.

I waited for him to head back out and when I spotted him again, gave him a couple of squeals that stopped him this time. He was taken at 114 yards. I did not weigh him, but he was a hefty sucker. Of the few I have killed, he is probably the heaviest.

Sorry, no sound from the hunt. I changed recorders and forgot to activate the internal mic.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • am4966
    Chieftain
    • Jul 2014

Nice job! I find myself always looking and hoping you have a new post up
    12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
    Surge - Rugged Suppressor
    Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Kikn
      Warrior
      • Nov 2011

Congrats, that's big ' ol doggie

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Man that SST ruined his night, quite the acrobat.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2013

It DID ruin his night, and made quite a mess! There was blood all over, which fortunately helped bring his demise. Sadly, the shot was a little further back than I would have liked. I watched the video in slow motion and by golly is it just where I was aiming when the rifle discharged, so that is all on me.

I would not call the SST a pelt saver. Unless shooting lengthwise into the body where there is no exit, the exit wounds are often pretty traumatic as was this one.
          Kill a hog. Save the planet.
          My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

That stung him hard. He appeared to be trying to bite the bullet out, but it was of course not there. He just had a massive wound that came out of nowhere.
            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• sneaky one
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Nice job getting the yotes off the planet DNS! He did not suffer too much.
              Have you tried the 95 V max on them doggs? The hounds from hell need a fast trip back home... cool vids.

Comment

• jawbone
                Warrior
                • Jan 2012

love your FLIRs, 00Spy! thanks again for the post.

Comment

• rebelsoul
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2014

Dog Gone!
                  "When you have to shoot... Shoot! Don't talk." Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez a.k.a. "The Rat".

Comment

Working...
                  X