• Kikn
    Warrior
    • Nov 2011

crazy ruskis

INSANE Russian Counter Terror Confidence Drill: http://youtu.be/rI01qKAqYts
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Absolutely the most extreme training I've ever seen. Two words: Intestinal Fortitude.
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• montana
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2011

Stupid !

Comment

• dmsims21
        Warrior
        • Nov 2012

Was the shooter supposed to put a round into the ground when he was pushing the guys away?
        www.FriendsvillePrecision.com - AR15 Dry Fire Device

Comment

• cory
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2012

Either they were using sim rounds, or I'm calling complete bull shit.
          "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• NugginFutz
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by dmsims21 View Post
            Was the shooter supposed to put a round into the ground when he was pushing the guys away?
            I don't think so - when the video went into slow-mo for that particular moment, I think they were trying to emphasize how much stress the "trainee" was being subjected to, and how an errant shot can get loose. Whatever the reason, it illustrated just how dangerous and stupid (as montana observed) this is. I wonder how many training accidents occur.
            If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• tackdriver
              Warrior
              • Feb 2013

I think that's great incentive to not be part of the "I almost passed " group.

Comment

• stanc
                Banned
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
                ...when the video went into slow-mo for that particular moment, I think they were trying to emphasize how much stress the "trainee" was being subjected to, and how an errant shot can get loose. Whatever the reason, it illustrated just how dangerous and stupid (as montana observed) this is. I wonder how many training accidents occur.
                That's a good question. Reminds me of a story in Spearheaders, by James Altieri. That book is about the formation and battles of the 1st Ranger Battalion in World War II. To provide realism during assault training, veteran British Commandos with Bren guns shot close to the attacking Rangers. One Ranger was wounded by a .303 bullet that got a bit closer than intended. It was chalked up to the cost of getting battle ready.

Those Russians apparently operate under the same philosophy: The more realistic the training, the better prepared one will be for real combat, making the risk worth the reward.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                  Super Moderator
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by stanc View Post
                  That's a good question. Reminds me of a story in Spearheaders, by James Altieri. That book is about the formation and battles of the 1st Ranger Battalion in World War II. To provide realism during assault training, veteran British Commandos with Bren guns shot close to the attacking Rangers. One Ranger was wounded by a .303 bullet that got a bit closer than intended. It was chalked up to the cost of getting battle ready.

Those Russians apparently operate under the same philosophy: The more realistic the training, the better prepared one will be for real combat, making the risk worth the reward.
                  I remember that incident in a book I read as a kid. One of the Rangers was shot in the buttocks, IIRC. The Germans also had an allowable % of casualties in training. I read stories of guys who were cooked alive in their fighting positions by Panzers that parked over them, and revved the engines.

This training with the Russians is real. Larry personally witnessed it, and said they would never do that Stateside in his unit.
                  NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• stanc
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                    I remember that incident in a book I read as a kid. One of the Rangers was shot in the buttocks, IIRC.
                    Yup. Undoubtedly the same book. I read it while in high school, in the early 1960s.

Comment

• LR1955
                      Super Moderator
                      • Mar 2011

Guys:

Notice when the guy was getting shot in his chest plate that he didn't move an inch?

LR1955

Comment

• dmsims21
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2012

Yeah, I noticed that the guy didn't move much when shot. I think there would be a little more reaction with absorbing 3 pistol rounds, but I don't have any real knowledge of what it should look like.
                        Those guys looked a little more pudgy than the Russian SF I see in movies.
                        www.FriendsvillePrecision.com - AR15 Dry Fire Device

Comment

• bigbear_98
                          Warrior
                          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by dmsims21 View Post
                          I think I remember reading somewhere that they dump rounds as a sensory distraction like a flash bang. It helps push anyone who is sane away from the shooter.
                          I may be spreading an Internet rumor though.

Comment

• usmc1371
                            Warrior
                            • Aug 2011

Totally insanity. How many have been shot doing this?

Comment

• Variable
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

Too over the top for me. I'll pass on that course.LOL
                              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Working...
                              X