• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buck2732
    Warrior
    • Feb 2012

Grendel and Fallow meet

Hi the hoard.

I got a long awaited call from a Gamekeeper friend this morning. He has been having a problem with a particular fox of late, and I have been offering my services (as you do).

So this is my afternoon, I arrived at the farm at 14:15 and was sent straight away to a high seat over looking a couple of fields. With the following instructions. I want that Fecking fox, failing that a neck shot pricket (young male fallow).

The weather has been very misty and drizzling here this past week and toady was no better. So I set off toward the seat as I make my way through the mist at about 300m I see one of the largest Bucks I have ever seen, we have a strain of fallow here which occasionally throws out a white one, which he was. He was however neither a fox or a pricket. So I had to let him make good his departure in his own good time.

After watching the local wildlife for a couple of hours, the world was starting to merge in to that grey you have, when the end of a misty day.

I was starting to collect my thoughts about leaving, when the pricket started up a slope toward me. With my heart racing, shallow breathing I turned in the seat and waited for him to come out from behind a hedge. As he did he started to feed head down blissfully unaware I was even there.

I sighted on the atlas joint (neck shot only for this keeper) pulled the trigger, and he fell to the spot.

The keeper was happy as was I, as I have been invited back tomorrow at dark O'clock to get that fecking fox.

Sorry about the picture quality but you get the idea.

IMG_0303.jpg
    Last edited by Buck2732; 11-26-2014, 08:03 PM.
    Buck2732

"You will know you are in a nuclear attack by the bright flash, loud explosion, widespread destruction, intense heat, strong winds and the rising of a mushroom cloud".

"I have no idea what weapons will be used in the next world war... but I do know that world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones". A Einstein.

PER ARDUA
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Well done!!
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• Mountain Man
      Bloodstained
      • Nov 2014

I like the shot placement, what was your range?
      "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF? I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Comment

• Buck2732
        Warrior
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        I like the shot placement, what was your range?
        He was 100m more or less.

After he was dressed out he weighed in at 65Kg

It was a 123g sst (factory) that did for him.
        Buck2732

"You will know you are in a nuclear attack by the bright flash, loud explosion, widespread destruction, intense heat, strong winds and the rising of a mushroom cloud".

"I have no idea what weapons will be used in the next world war... but I do know that world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones". A Einstein.

PER ARDUA

Comment

• PA_Allen
          Warrior
          • Mar 2011

Great shot and good story! Thanks for sharing and hope you get the fox.
          PA

Comment

• jim_bob
            Warrior
            • Jul 2014

Good luck with the fox!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
              Administrator
              • Feb 2011

Good shot! Nothing like being out in the open air with a rifle. . . .
              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Slappy
                Warrior
                • Feb 2014

Heck of a story and darn fine shootin, very good. Hope to see the other in a picture too. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2012

The shooting was almost as good as the writing. Very well done sir.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

Nice harvest. Congrats. Have you thought about getting the Ase Utra S Series muffler? You could reduce the overall profile of your fire stick, and since you aren't in the US, you can buy Finnish cans.

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• montana
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2011

Great story and an even better shot. Sounds like you made the right kind of friends. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• rebelsoul
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2014

Nice shot! Good luck with that fecking fox.
                        "When you have to shoot... Shoot! Don't talk." Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez a.k.a. "The Rat".

Comment

• Buck2732
                          Warrior
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                          Nice harvest. Congrats. Have you thought about getting the Ase Utra S Series muffler? You could reduce the overall profile of your fire stick, and since you aren't in the US, you can buy Finnish cans.

First off all thanks everyone for the kind words. I hope you all had a good thanksgiving.

LRRPF52, I have one of these for my AR .223, it is heavier than the can in the photo. The one on the photo is a reflex moderator and when on the rifle protrudes no further forward than it would if it where an ASE Ultra.

That "Fecking fox" still lives, even though three of us have spent two days worth of mornings and nights after it.

The good news is that the Keeper is now asking if I can help to fill his venison orders...

Happy holidays folks.
                          Buck2732

PER ARDUA

Comment

Working...
                          X