• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Zeus Holiday Hog Hunt Video

With no pigs since the first of October, I was pleased to find a pig on one of the game cameras while on my way to the stand. He showed up around 4:00 am and I figured it would be a long night, but I was wrong!

The pig showed up about 30 minutes later. He did not stay and eat, however. He showed up, and then left. I shot him on the way out...

The shot entered the left neck and exited behind the right ear, taking off the back part of the skull in the process. I certainly have no problem with the Grendel's penetrating capabilities. What a mess!
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • am4966
    Chieftain
    • Jul 2014

Man those SSTs really do a number on its intended target!
    12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
    Surge - Rugged Suppressor
    Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Mountain Man
      Bloodstained
      • Nov 2014

I love it. Bang 'em hard!
      "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF? I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Comment

• NugginFutz
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

Way to really tear 'em up, 00spy. You continue to evoke envy in me for your living in a region where night shoots are legal. If the feral hogs become more of a nuisance in my neck in the woods, it might change the DGF's attitude.

Love the Angry Bird carry sack, by the way. I don't suppose it gets excited when the little piggies go down, does it?
        If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2013

Angry Bird carry sack? LOL, that is a full blown good luck charm (pillow). Surprisingly, Angry Bird does not express many emotions, but he doesn't cause much trouble either. Mostly, he just guards the truck while I hunt and then comes out for the photo op.

Seriously, NV and thermal really open you up to a whole new world. The best part is that everything feels safer at night and behaves accordingly.
          Kill a hog. Save the planet.
          My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• sneaky one
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Nice kill. The wound channel was enormous! Keep up the great shots! I need to head down south asap.

The night hunt option should be utilized across all 48-50 states. Train for it- prove oneself- get a permit, blast away . Let's all push on this across America!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X