• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • am4966
    Chieftain
    • Jul 2014

Grendel 12.5" SBR build

This will be my post for my SBR build I'm working on. Have a bunch of posts so I thought why not start a build post. Can't wait to get all the parts so I put together and get some pics. Please all suggestions are welcome!
    Lower Precisionfirearms forged
    Upper Aero Precision Forged
    PF lpk
    Magpul K2+ pg FDE
    Stock Minimalist SDE
    Seekins bolt release
    Odin Works XMR 2
    Fortis QD end plate
    Battle Arms Development pivot/retaining pins
    JP SCS
    12.5" Lilja Barrel nitride
    Precision Firearms BCG Melonited
    CH AXTS Raptor
    Safety AXTS Talon 60 or 90 Degree
    Rail SLR 11" Mlok
    SLR gen 3 Clamp On Stainless/Melonited and Melonited Gas Tube
    Optic ?????

Last edited by am4966; 07-23-2015, 01:47 AM. Reason: Changed and added parts
    12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
    Surge - Rugged Suppressor
    Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

Hey man the PF BCG will come with the maxim bolt assembled with the PF extractors.

Great looking build list! If you have the budget the Vortex 1-6x is a great choice. A little heavy, but it's an excellent optic and has a red dot that's awesome for quick acquisition.

I've got a SLR 10" Solo Series Keymod Handguard for a near future 5.56 SBR build. I'm extremely impressed with how light and solid it feels.
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• am4966
      Chieftain
      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by cory View Post
      Hey man the PF BCG will come with the maxim bolt assembled with the PF extractors.

Great looking build list! If you have the budget the Vortex 1-6x is a great choice. A little heavy, but it's an excellent optic and has a red dot that's awesome for quick acquisition.

I've got a SLR 10" Solo Series Keymod Handguard for a near future 5.56 SBR build. I'm extremely impressed with how light and solid it feels.
      I just bought the bolt carrier for now.... How is the glass in the razer II? I've had Nightforce and US Optics and down to Nikon Buckmaster .
      Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• cory
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2012

I think it's a little better than the NXS.
        "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Slappy
          Warrior
          • Feb 2014

What type of buffer system? is used for these shortys? are they reliable? is one better than another?? Just curious do not know anyone with one nor have seen one. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• am4966
            Chieftain
            • Jul 2014

I'm gonna probably use a Jp scs if not then it'll be a Jp tubbs spring and a spikes T2. Plus a adjustable gas block to fine tune it with the silencer attached.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• txgunner00
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Nice list. I think you will be very happy with that barrel length. I am with mine. I finally got to shoot mine at distance this past weekend and was knocking down Larues out to 500. Great balance between size and ballistic performance.
              NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• am4966
                Chieftain
                • Jul 2014

Here is what I have together so far....
                Attached Files

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• am4966
                  Chieftain
                  • Jul 2014

Excited that the barrels are a go!

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• am4966
                    Chieftain
                    • Jul 2014

Well the barrels are probably almost done, then it's off to PF for sandblasting and nitriding!

Still need to get a FF Rail, Bolt and finalize what can I want for sure

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• lead chucker
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2014

Looks like a great build. I'm sure your as excited as I was! I thought I would pop when I got my barrel. These barrels should be awesome! I think the SBR grendel will take off now.

Comment

• am4966
                        Chieftain
                        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by lead chucker View Post
                        Looks like a great build. I'm sure your as excited as I was! I thought I would pop when I got my barrel. These barrels should be awesome! I think the SBR grendel will take off now.
                        For sure! People start seeing reports of what the sbr'd Grendel will do especially on game. Everyone will want one, lol! It'd be nice to have a steady supply of wolf steel case, Wolf gold and the PPU Grendel ammo. After I get done with my build I need to start putting together equipment to reload.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• lead chucker
                          Warrior
                          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by am4966 View Post
                          For sure! People start seeing reports of what the sbr'd Grendel will do especially on game. Everyone will want one, lol! It'd be nice to have a steady supply of wolf steel case, Wolf gold and the PPU Grendel ammo. After I get done with my build I need to start putting together equipment to reload.
                          I heard that! For a 12" barrel the performance is really unbelievable to me. Reloading is the way to go for me, I have enough bullets in different weights and powder to last me at least a year maybe more. But I'm always on the look out for good deals on both.

Comment

• am4966
                            Chieftain
                            • Jul 2014

Order'd my rail went with the SLR Rifleworks Solo Lite M-Lok at the price I got it I couldn't go with the KMR. Plus KMR was out of stock. I want to paint the upper, lower and rail FDE and the other parts black. But I think I'll have to wait and do that after Im all done.
                            Last edited by am4966; 06-28-2015, 09:24 PM.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• lead chucker
                              Warrior
                              • Sep 2014

Cool! Sounds like its coming together or you!

Comment

Working...
                              X