• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

December Song Dog - brief video

It was close to the end of the evening when I heard some coyotes calling in the distance. I was somewhat startled by a very loud reply that was coming from the ravine below my stand. I found the coyote trotting through the ravine with my thermal spotter and transitioned to my rifle. I started rabbit distress squeal calling as I was powering up the Zeus rifle scope and recorder. By this time, the coyote had gotten up the far bank. The call stopped the coyote in place and held her attention. I tried calling several more times to get her to come closer, but she didn't move. Maybe she should have moved?

The shot was 92 yards. The exit wound is seen in the video. The 6.5 Grendel Hornady SST 123 gr. round ripped a huge, ragged hole out of her shoulder.

Sorry there isn't more video. I will try to do better next time...
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • am4966
    Chieftain
    • Jul 2014

Another Wiley but she the dust! Oh me personally pics would begone, film is just a bonus.

So thanks 00Spy
    12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
    Surge - Rugged Suppressor
    Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Jakal
      Warrior
      • May 2014

Awesome video, got to love the rabbit squeakers!
      ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2013

LOL, Jakal, I don't seem to be able to do calls right, not where I actually call in unseen animals. I have watched various videos and tried to emulate what I learned, but nada.

However, the rabbit distress squeaker is great for getting their attention, if just by blowing through it. In the video, I am doing my best to not hyperventilate through the squeaker which was left in between my lips as I used both hands to try to get the rifle us and steady. So I am blowing, trying not to hyperventilate, and trying to not bite through the squeaker all at the same time. It all seems really awkward, but it worked!

It is probably best I don't have a camera showing what I do during the hunts (like the pros and a few others have). The look cool and composed. With me, y'all would just laugh and laugh. :-)
        Kill a hog. Save the planet.
        My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• montana
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2011

I use to call coyotes a lot when I was a kid. I had a hard time believing a distressed rabbit would make such a sound until I watched my brothers golden retriever chase one down and kill it. It does sound just like the call. You have quite a scope there, makes great videos. Thanks again for posting.

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

Another great video. Thanks man.
            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• jawbone
              Warrior
              • Jan 2012

love your vids, 00Spy. and an A+ for production, as usual.

Comment

• Slappy
                Warrior
                • Feb 2014

Another one on the books. Like watching the vids fo sure. Good on ya!! BANG BANG!!

Comment

Working...
                X