• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 81police
    Warrior
    • Feb 2013

6.5 vs 175lb whitetail

We had seen this 6x1 buck on trail camera only a handful of times but never in day light.

Monday evening I saw him out at 325 yards but I'm not confident shooting a game animal at that distance. He eventually made his way in my direction though heavy brush and when I saw him step out broadside at 160 yards I let loose.

The 120gr. TSX zipped through both shoulders, leaving a nice sized exit wound through the off shoulder (pictured). He never ran. He initially went airborne kicking, then when he hit the ground did a fast walk for about 20 yards and fell over. He weighed 175lbs on the hoof with hardly any fat on his body. He had multiple fight wounds, including two bad puncture wounds, a split lip, and antler tips broke off. He looked to have had quite the time running does and fighting bucks!

John 11:25-26
  • deer hunter
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2014

Good job. I shot a similar type deer (4x2) a few years back. He had a perfect 4 pt rack on one side and two 12" to 15" horns on the opposite side.

Comment

• Kikn
      Warrior
      • Nov 2011

That's a good old deer. Well done. Where at in Texas?

Comment

• pkee
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2014

Nice going .

Comment

• rebelsoul
          Warrior
          • Jan 2014

Another one targeted for termination. Good job! A deformed antler is often related to a skeletal injury on the opposite side of the body.
          "When you have to shoot... Shoot! Don't talk." Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez a.k.a. "The Rat".

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

Nice. That meat is lean for sure.
            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• lednerg56
              Unwashed
              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by deer hunter View Post
              Good job. I shot a similar type deer (4x2) a few years back. He had a perfect 4 pt rack on one side and two 12" to 15" horns on the opposite side.
              I also shot a buck like that but it was 5 point or 3x2 perfect 3 on one side and 2 split straight from the base about 10-12 inches long

Comment

• Buck2732
                Warrior
                • Feb 2012

Nicely done fella.
                Buck2732

"You will know you are in a nuclear attack by the bright flash, loud explosion, widespread destruction, intense heat, strong winds and the rising of a mushroom cloud".

"I have no idea what weapons will be used in the next world war... but I do know that world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones". A Einstein.

PER ARDUA

Comment

• sneaky one
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

81---Awesome- crock pot will be the recipe spot for this booger! I'll send a few if needed. Nice shoot man.

Comment

• Blacklab
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2012

Nice!
                    Looks like the TSX did a fine job. Congrats
                    Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

Working...
                    X