Help me build this Grendel!!! On the cheap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sniper338
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

Help me build this Grendel!!! On the cheap!

Ok fellers.... understand i already have my own dang near $3000 grendel AR build thats SWEET!.... but this is the opposite. Im starting a build for my uncle where he is just buying a part at a time as money allows over the next year or so... As with many of us he cant just go out and buy everything at one time, and he doesnt care about anything fancey at all.. As long as it shoots an inch at 100 yards hes happy really...

So the goal here is to make a cost efficient grendel for the most part... it will have aluminum free floated hand guards... where i know thats not the cheapest route.... adjustable stock where a young kid can shoot it is a must...

Starting out... i found a new aluminum lower receiver for $45 this week i got headed my way..

if you know where to find parts for cheap, or find good deals post them on this thread please!!!!!
  • Sniper338
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

In the end this gun is being built for a 5 year old that is ate up with hunting, but still way to small to fit a youth rifle or regular length rifle.

Comment

• am4966
      Chieftain
      • Jul 2014

Brownells has the Grendel barrel too it's cheaper and you can find coupon codes at times to save even more. What part do you have?
      12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
      Surge - Rugged Suppressor
      Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Sniper338
        Warrior
        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by am4966 View Post
        Brownells has the Grendel barrel too it's cheaper and you can find coupon codes at times to save even more. What part do you have?

Ill look at brownells again....

only have a lower right now... we just started this project...

Comment

• jurassic
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

PM me, I have a 14.5" barrel and flash hider that can be pinned on. It needs a new home and it will be cheap (not perfect cosmetically.)

Comment

• Sniper338
            Warrior
            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by jurassic View Post
            PM me, I have a 14.5" barrel and flash hider that can be pinned on. It needs a new home and it will be cheap (not perfect cosmetically.)
            Pm on the way, not sure if he will want that short of barrel though...

Comment

• VASCAR2
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Check out Joe Bob's Outfitters as they have good prices on AR-15 parts with free fast shipping if you spend $90. I buy most of my RRA NM LPK from JBO. Palmetto State has the best prices and frequently run specials and at times offer free shipping. I have also bought optics and parts from Primary Arms and Hamlund Tactical. These companies are all GTG.

I have a couple of friends who bought 6.5 Grendel barrels from Brownell's from the first batch which were marked 6.5 Grendel. These two barrels are good shooters and Brownell's stand behind what they sell.
              Last edited by VASCAR2; 12-12-2014, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• jurassic
                Warrior
                • Sep 2014

Brownells had uppers and lowers for $49.99. Now is a good time to buy, build!

Comment

• Sniper338
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2014

Originally posted by jurassic View Post
                  Brownells had uppers and lowers for $49.99. Now is a good time to buy, build!
                  I saw that! I snagged one up for this build 2 days ago!

Comment

• TacBlade
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jul 2014

I am going to help in the best way possible! Free parts, as I am Santa Claus! I have most of the small parts you need and I have a Carbine Commercial tube, grip, buffer and spring and I will keep digging for more stuff. But Santa is going to Vegas till Monday to have one last weekend off before Christmas. I usually pick up the tab for someone at Walmart that appears to need some financial assistance around the holidays and pay for their entire cart. This year I'm starting right here! We can PM and work out the details! Merry Christmas to all!!!

Comment

• Sniper338
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by TacBlade View Post
                      I am going to help in the best way possible! Free parts, as I am Santa Claus! I have most of the small parts you need and I have a Carbine Commercial tube, grip, buffer and spring and I will keep digging for more stuff. But Santa is going to Vegas till Monday to have one last weekend off before Christmas. I usually pick up the tab for someone at Walmart that appears to need some financial assistance around the holidays and pay for their entire cart. This year I'm starting right here! We can PM and work out the details! Merry Christmas to all!!!

Thank you so much! Pm sent!

Comment

• am4966
                        Chieftain
                        • Jul 2014

If you need them I have a bolt release, pivot and release pins, a safety too. On the barrel talk with Mark at precision firearms. He has a low end barrel he uses for one of his uppers maybe he'll sell you just a barrel and bolt and he uses a 6.5 Grendel chamber!
                        12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                        Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                        Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Sniper338
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2014

Originally posted by am4966 View Post
                          If you need them I have a bolt release, pivot and release pins, a safety too. On the barrel talk with Mark at precision firearms. He has a low end barrel he uses for one of his uppers maybe he'll sell you just a barrel and bolt and he uses a 6.5 Grendel chamber!
                          PM inbound

Comment

• sneaky one
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2011

That's the best , of this forum- Guys, & or Gals- helping each other out. Nicely done gents.

I had 72 inbound packages to me last -this year.,, and 77 outbound -to forum members here. Team effort will push us forward, ever faster. Sweet deal.

All of us united, no aingst- A true , go go go Mindset!

Comment

• rabiddawg
                              Chieftain
                              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by TacBlade View Post
                              I am going to help in the best way possible! I usually pick up the tab for someone at Walmart that appears to need some financial assistance around the holidays and pay for their entire cart. This year I'm starting right here! We can PM and work out the details! Merry Christmas to all!!!
                              That is one of the best gestures i have ever heard of.

You have inspired me to do the same thing!
                              Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

Working...
                              X