• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grunt4Life
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2014

Looking For A Place To Hog Hunt

Gentlemen,

I just finished my first Grendel build and am looking for a good place to hog hunt. I went down to Texas in September on my first hog hunt and am hooked. We went to a small ranch in NW Texas and had a blast. Does anyone have any other suggestions that won't cost an arm and leg?
  • Sniper338
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

I feel for you as I shoot hogs to let em lay cuz they are like a rat infestation.

special note for liberals: Yes I try to keep meat when I can though so its not a total waste.

Comment

• bigbear_98
      Warrior
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Sniper338 View Post
      I feel for you as I shoot hogs to let em lay cuz they are like a rat infestation.

special note for liberals: Yes I try to keep meat when I can though so its not a total waste.
      When I was a kid in South Texas all of the farm/ranch owner's would let us spotlight and trap the Hogs off of their property. They would say we weren't performing if they didn't have hogs laying the next day.
      If you ever need another shooter, I would love to help you.

Comment

• Sniper338
        Warrior
        • Dec 2014

Yep its that bad down here. The helicopter pilots get lots of business doing hog hunts from their choppers to help eradicate hogs for a few months.. then they are back again..

But as far as the OP goes... We dont have a major hog problem right now, this year as been fairly decent actually, our neighbors have been trapping like crazy and selling them at the market. So we don't have the big problem right now, but if it arises again we will invite out people.

Comment

• Grunt4Life
          Unwashed
          • Nov 2014

If Texas is anything like Indiana, it's difficult to get permission to hunt on private land. If you have it your lucky. While I would love to hunt private land for hogs, I'm really looking for a ranch that sells hog hunts. Those places have feeders set up to draw the hogs in and if I drive that far I would want a good population visiting the property. Otherwise, I would assume it would be a crap shoot on trying to get on them. So, if you know anyone who outfits hog hunts I would like to give them a shot. I would rather help someone's friend or family out and know what I'm getting instead of searching the internet and picking one. The place I hunted in September was great. They had a cabin for us to stay in, a ton of stands and feeders so you could move and hunt the wind, and they ran us to and from the stands on 4 wheelers if we wanted.

Comment

• rabiddawg
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2013

Ok, dumb question.

Why not go back?
            Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Grunt4Life
              Unwashed
              • Nov 2014

Oh I'm planning on it, but would like to try somewhere new as well. With a military discount the guy only charged me around $300 for two days of hunting and two nights in the lodge. Got two hogs on the trip so it was well worth it. I want to hit some other areas and see what is really out there. I am also looking to drop a trophy hog and just about everything we saw there was eater size, around 150 lbs and under.

Comment

• Sniper338
                Warrior
                • Dec 2014

Dropped this big ol nasty porker with the grendel last week. Pics dont do him justice... i had to drag him off with the truck... no way in heck i could move him..
                Attached Files

Comment

• Grunt4Life
                  Unwashed
                  • Nov 2014

See, now your just rubbing it in.

Comment

• TacBlade
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jul 2014

I charge $500 to hunt hogs, but I have never seen one on my place! Obviously kidding!

Comment

• Grunt4Life
                      Unwashed
                      • Nov 2014

What about speedgoats Tac?

Comment

• TacBlade
                        Bloodstained
                        • Jul 2014

Although I have 150,000 acres, we are pretty much maxed out on Speedboat hunters.

Comment

• Savage Shooter
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2014

Originally posted by TacBlade View Post
                          Although I have 150,000 acres, we are pretty much maxed out on Speedboat hunters.
                          How about Prairie dogs? Need help culling them on your land? Lots more fun to shoot, since there almost unlimited opportunities on a good size dog town.
                          My "6.5" = 24" AA Overwatch upper 1/9 twist, NC based US Tactical lower, standard A4 6 position stock, AR Gold Trigger, JPS SCS buffer, Vortex 6-24 x 50 FFP PST with EBR-2C MOA reticle

Comment

Working...
                          X