• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hydrotech
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

Uvalde Texas hunting

Tomorrow I am leaving MO for TX to visit my buddy and do some hunting at his girlfriends parents ranch about 10 miles outside Uvalde. Hoping to see some hogs, coyotes and bobcats. Anyone done any hunting down there? How is it? Full of piggies? I'd really like to kill a nice sow down there to eat with my 6.5 grendel. I haven't taken any game with it besides the big buck I got this year in KY.
  • am4966
    Chieftain
    • Jul 2014

I've been down to Crystal City which is just south to visit my grandpa when he was alive. Seen alot of piggies dead along side the road. Maybe one of the Texas guys will chime in... I'm jealous BTW!
    12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
    Surge - Rugged Suppressor
    Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Sniper338
      Warrior
      • Dec 2014

Depending on what side of Uvalde. North no hogs. South theres hogs. Ive seen more hogs outside of crystal city than anywhere ever ay one time. What ranch? Where at? I just may know that area and have ties to there myself..

Comment

• hydrotech
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Sniper338 View Post
        Depending on what side of Uvalde. North no hogs. South theres hogs. Ive seen more hogs outside of crystal city than anywhere ever ay one time. What ranch? Where at? I just may know that area and have ties to there myself..
        I'm not sure which side of Uvalde it is. They just bought the ranch and named it Kris-Jen Ranch after the owners daughters. Larry Wright owns it and just high-fenced it. I think its about 800 acres or so. My buddy said they didn't see any hogs when they bought it. Then they put up deer feeders and have been seeing a few hogs since then. They have killed 5 in the last year. I guess some got fenced in the high fence. I know it is on the Frio River and the house itself overlooks the Frio. I think the directions my buddy texted me said to go down Connor Lane Uvalde TX, which appears to be just south of town on google maps. I hope there are more inside the high fence I can bag. They used to own a Ranch outside Dilley TX and sold it and bought this one by Uvalde....

Comment

• Sniper338
          Warrior
          • Dec 2014

Oh ok. I know where its at basically. That area has hogs here and there... its not crazy thick with them though. Lots of that area tends to get managed by helicopters and guns. Then theres a lot of high fences that restrict movement of animals. Who knows there may be more pigs in that place... 800 acres of brush hides animals very well even if its high fenced down here. A friend of mine has 600 high fenced and they see deer theyve never seen before every year.. never know. Javelina dig under the high fences alot too. High fence dont stop everything from coming in and out... that place is just a few miles south of my uvalde property.

Comment

• Sniper338
            Warrior
            • Dec 2014

Its not far enough south, or west to be in a more hog target rich enviornment... but you never know, that dont mean there arent some running around at all.

Comment

• hydrotech
              Warrior
              • Sep 2014

well if get to bag something with the grendel I'll post it.

Comment

• Sniper338
                Warrior
                • Dec 2014

Haha good luck partna! Never know man thats why its called hunting and not killing..

Comment

• hydrotech
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2014

probably be shooting birds too

Comment

• Kikn
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2011

I've been hunting in rocksprings which is fairly close to Uvalde south west and there are hogs the. It is pot luck though. The are still allot of acorn on the ground and is relatively green for this time of year.

Odds are pretty good if they have been feeding year round there but depending on hunting pressure which is higher this time of year the hogs could be more nocturnal than normal.

Good luck.

Comment

• hydrotech
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2014

thanks for responding guys!

Comment

• Crippleshot1
                        Bloodstained
                        • Jan 2014

I got a big Axis buck two months ago on my friend's 2000 acre ranch just NW of Uvalde. That place is one of the most quit and peaceful places on earth. The only thing you hear are the occasional USAF training aircraft high up in the sky.

Comment

Working...
                        X