• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jp3731
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2011

Wolf steel cased ammo

Has anyone ordered and received a second order of the steel cased ammo?
    My level of creativity is proportional to my level of desperation.
  • wheelguner
    Warrior
    • Oct 2011

FYI, just hit gunbot and others are beginning to sell the Wolf Steel case. Lots of Grendel of all types available too:

Comment

• stanc
      Banned
      • Apr 2011

All types? Yup, you can have your choice of Hornady, Hornady, Hornady, or Hornady...

Comment

• Younger
        Warrior
        • Dec 2012

I have had a case on order with AA since 8/24/14. If I don't receive a shipping confirmation soon I will cancel the order. I have more than enough components to reload quality ammo for quite some time. Other outlets have had Wolf steel cased ammo for sale for months.

Comment

• wheelguner
          Warrior
          • Oct 2011

Perhaps 'all types" was a bit off. I meant Amax, SST and Steel case. So far Hornady and Wolf are the only two to offer "factory Loadings". Thankfully others that I catogorize as boutique loaders and by that I mean they assemble loads using available componants, examples being AA and Precision. The upside is they tend to offer outstanding ammo. I doubt if we will ever see offerings from Remington, Winchester or Federal but we can hope....look how long we hoped for the steel case from Wolf. Maybe we can persuade Black Hills to join the players.

Comment

• montana
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by wheelguner View Post
            Perhaps 'all types" was a bit off. I meant Amax, SST and Steel case. So far Hornady and Wolf are the only two to offer "factory Loadings". Thankfully others that I catogorize as boutique loaders and by that I mean they assemble loads using available componants, examples being AA and Precision. The upside is they tend to offer outstanding ammo. I doubt if we will ever see offerings from Remington, Winchester or Federal but we can hope....look how long we hoped for the steel case from Wolf. Maybe we can persuade Black Hills to join the players.
            They already make it for Less Bear.

$27 per box
            Last edited by montana; 12-19-2014, 04:15 AM.

Comment

• dammitman
              Warrior
              • Dec 2012

so did we deceide that another shipment of the steel case has arrived? has anyone recieved a second shipment? did anyone even like it for anything other than a flashbang? can anyone hear me?

Comment

• tpk
                Bloodstained
                • Sep 2014

It seems to work just fine for plinking ammo. The one hog I shot with it didn't like it much and expired quickly.

Comment

• biodsl
                  Chieftain
                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by dammitman View Post
                  did anyone even like it for anything other than a flashbang? can anyone hear me?
                  I won't be buying anymore of it. I don't have a use for 4-5 moa ammo. It does flash and bang, though.
                  Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

There were at least 2 shipments to the US. Other retailers seem to have bought up some, because I see it being re-sold for twice the price.

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• WHITEBULL
                      Bloodstained
                      • Aug 2013

I got mine in November, which was the second shipment.

Comment

Working...
                      X