Ok, a couple more upgrades, now I can say it is done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heywood
    Warrior
    • Aug 2013

Ok, a couple more upgrades, now I can say it is done.

I finally recieved my Mega billet ambi lower so I decided to do some color fill. The logo is actually silver which barely shows up in the pictures. Still kicking around the idea of filling the other engraving. I also put in a jp silent captured spring.
    Attached Files
    quis posuit in mea ocreis bologna!
  • montana
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

Nice looking rifle, it came out sweet. Mega makes some nice looking receivers.

Comment

• am4966
      Chieftain
      • Jul 2014

That is nice, is the upper AAs?
      12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
      Surge - Rugged Suppressor
      Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Heywood
        Warrior
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by am4966 View Post
        That is nice, is the upper AAs?
        Yes it is. I put a Lilja 740 on it.

Comment

• Heywood
          Warrior
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by montana View Post
          Nice looking rifle, it came out sweet. Mega makes some nice looking receivers.
          Thanks and yes they do. I haven't put my hands on any better. The machining is perfect and so is the anodizing.

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

Sweet set-up. I really enjoy the JP SCS.
            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Fredman
              Warrior
              • Sep 2014

Nice build! What do you think of the SCS? I'm thinking that and the JP bolt carrier will be my next upgrade.

Comment

• Heywood
                Warrior
                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Fredman View Post
                Nice build! What do you think of the SCS? I'm thinking that and the JP bolt carrier will be my next upgrade.
                I like it a lot. I have the rifle shooting better than I thought it could so I wanted to concentrate on making it operate as smooth as possible. Just for giggles. It helps. If I still had other things to do I would put it off until I was done with the rifle. But it is a good investment.

Comment

• wilecoyote
                  Warrior
                  • Jul 2013

Nice stick, but good luck. I have done upgrades and constantly tell myself that my Grendel is done after each.... Well, another upgrade/add-on/extra will come about and it is still "not" finished. I keep kidding myself now and saying when I finally buy the front BUIS, that will be it and I will be on to the next build. Ya, right. My Grendel is my favorite rifle/round. I really do have to start another project though. another Grendel of course.

I really like the Mega upper and lower. That is what I was planning on next as all my carbines used Mega. The fit and finish are superb. My current is all Seekins. While some don't like the lower, it has really grown on me. The fit and finish from Seekins is on par with Mega.

Comment

• Nevada Shooter
                    Unwashed
                    • Jun 2016

Nice looking setup. How do you like the side charging upper? I'm starting my first build in a couple of weeks and I like the looks and function. I've got a side charger on my SCAR 17s and these pics I'm seeing in the gallery section look great. Any regrets ?

Comment

Working...
                    X