• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PredatorDown
    Warrior
    • Jun 2014

Milk Jug at 1000 Yards

Had a great time out at the North Springs range today! Freezing cold, but good shooting nonetheless. This was my first time shooting at 1000 yards

• NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Great job, PD. Just further proof that this is just about the most fun a man can have with his clothes on!
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• PredatorDown
      Warrior
      • Jun 2014

That's for dang sure!

Entrance:

Exit:
      Last edited by PredatorDown; 12-27-2014, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• Mountain Man
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2014

Nice shooting!

Western Family grocery products FTW!
        "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF? I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Comment

• lrgrendel
          Warrior
          • Jul 2013

Great shooting!
          Last edited by lrgrendel; 12-27-2014, 01:25 PM. Reason: ..

Comment

• bigbear_98
            Warrior
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by PredatorDown View Post
            Had a great time out at the North Springs range today! Freezing cold, but good shooting nonetheless. This was my first time shooting at 1000 yards

Something is wrong with the link you posted. It says you removed the video.

Comment

• PredatorDown
              Warrior
              • Jun 2014

Hm...still works when I click on it. Here's the straight link, see if that works for you

All in all I have to say I'm impressed with how the Grendel is performing. I'm running low on my go-to powder (blc2) so I tried a load with RL15 and it's performing great too. I didn't shoot for group while I was there, but it should be able to hold MOA at 1k if I do my part.

Comment

• bigbear_98
                Warrior
                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by PredatorDown View Post
                Hm...still works when I click on it. Here's the straight link, see if that works for you

All in all I have to say I'm impressed with how the Grendel is performing. I'm running low on my go-to powder (blc2) so I tried a load with RL15 and it's performing great too. I didn't shoot for group while I was there, but it should be able to hold MOA at 1k if I do my part.
                It says you moved or deleted the link. I can watch your other video of your rifle malfunctions that were on there, and your pictures, the jug, the stock you painted, etc., but not the milk jug video. Could just be me.

I have been really happy with my Grendel. It has taken a little bit to get it where I think it should be, but It is an awesome round and so far my rifle has been pretty awesome.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

That was awesome, you were really close every shot considering the range. I could hear the wind which can make things challenging let alone at 1000 yards. Thanks for posting.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

I can only see a video with a bolt over base malfunction. Looks like the carrier is going too fast, or the mag spring is not fast enough.
                    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• bwaites
                      • Mar 2011

Works fine on my Ipad Air2. Nice shooting!

Comment

• bigbear_98
                        Warrior
                        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                        Works fine on my Ipad Air2. Nice shooting!
                        Huh.... I pulled it up on my phone and it worked.

I like that you can say easily call your hits with the Grendel.

Comment

• PredatorDown
                          Warrior
                          • Jun 2014

No idea why it's workin for some and not others...I'm out of town and just brought my iPad, but not sure why it would only make it work on phones/tablets?

Being able to call my own shots helps me out tremendously. I immediately know where I'm going and can make adjustments on my own on the fly. Even a friend that shoots a suppressed 6x47 Lapua has a hard time doing that. One more reason I love the Grendel

Comment

Working...
                          X