• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rickOshay
    Warrior
    • Apr 2012

Wolf Steel Case Takes Yote

Last edited by LRRPF52; 01-09-2015, 03:26 AM.
  • rickOshay
    Warrior
    • Apr 2012

After skinning, he reported that the exit was more like a dollar, and it had turned everything between the shoulder blades into mush and separated them.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2013

I would say that is a good kill, hard on the hide, but a good kill.
      Kill a hog. Save the planet.
      My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• Drift
        Warrior
        • Nov 2014

My steel case shoots 2.5-3 moa or so. At 240 yards I'd probably mis a coyote. Does anyone think it would help to pull the bullets and replace them with a 100gr NBT?

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2013

If you are going to pull the bullets, you might as well remeter the powder (which I suspect is the culprit for the wide range of velocities). If you are going to all that much trouble, then you might as well just reload from scratch and bypass Wolf all together.
          Kill a hog. Save the planet.
          My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• am4966
            Chieftain
            • Jul 2014

Wonder if Bill A is giving Wolf feedback on this current batch so that they can do some adjustments to the load to get a little better accuracy....
            12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
            Surge - Rugged Suppressor
            Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• bwaites
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
              If you are going to pull the bullets, you might as well remeter the powder (which I suspect is the culprit for the wide range of velocities). If you are going to all that much trouble, then you might as well just reload from scratch and bypass Wolf all together.

Historically, the Wolf ammo has demonstrated extremely tight tolerances powder wise. The projectiles have been budget level projectiles. LR1955 pulled some MPT bullets and swapped for 120 grain Sierras and found them to be very accurate. If I remember correctly, he told me that even pretty anal handloaders would have a hard time holding the powder tolerances that close.

Comment

Working...
              X