X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chase
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2015

Thinking of using the new Geisgele M lock forearm ? Looks like it will fit my Seekins upper and looks good.

Comment

• Drillboss
      Warrior
      • Jan 2015

Here's one that may seem obvious. I bought my barrel with a headspaced bolt, therefore figured I just needed to buy a bolt carrier. When I went to put everything together, I didn't have a firing pin, firing pin retainer, or a bolt cam pin. Once again, the devil's in the details.

And I'll throw a plug in for Wilshire Guns in OKC. They sold me what I needed out of a BCG they had on hand the next day.

Comment

• jurassic
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

I have several ALG Defense M-Lok hand guards, they are really nice at any price. If you are not using a standard forged upper make sure it's standard dimensions at the point the gas tube goes into the upper. The hand guards have anti-rotation tabs that will not work with some of the beefy billet uppers.

Comment

• chase
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2015

Got grate news! My barrel is going to ship this week . I'm so excited I thought I would have to get some depends.. Now the problem is no one has a 15'' M-lok hand guard like I want in stock. My go to guy has a 15'' Daniel Defense Lite rail III but I do not know if its 1.08'' inside is to small for a .920 low profile gas block? and how much flex it will have?

Comment

• chase
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2015

It is done. But I don't no how to post a picture

Comment

• montana
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by chase View Post
              It is done. But I don't no how to post a picture
              You need to have kids that are smarter than you to hold your hand when you get on any kind of computer like my kids do for me.

Sounds like your going to have a great Grendel build. I hope you can find a way to post some pictures.

Comment

• chase
                Bloodstained
                • Jan 2015

Took it out to day. Had some cycling problems at first. Kept locking at first and had to keep yanking the charging handle for the first 25 rounds. after that it freed up and did great. all the case mouths have a dent in them . case must be striking something on ejecting. But at 200 yards 5 shot group 4 more or less in the same hole . Used the Hornady 123 gr A-MAX Match

Comment

• chase
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jan 2015

ITS done

DSC02707.jpg I went with the new ALG forearm.
                  Last edited by chase; 03-08-2015, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• Variable
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

That looks nice.

There are two ways to get rid of the dented cases. You can search for (or someone can link you to) a way to tune your ejector to get rid of it, or you can just put a self adhesive square piece of fuzzy sided velcro on your brass deflector. I use the fuzzy velcro on all of mine (many others do too), and it works perfectly. Easy peasy and no more dents.
                    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• chase
                      Bloodstained
                      • Jan 2015

I want to thank the Grendel forum and all it's members for their tips and advice. Now as you can see I still have some things to do. I used the Viper PST 4-16 off my 223 for my day at the range. 4-1/2 MOA elevation and dead on at200yards. But this is not the scope I want on my 6.5 . I am looking at three different one's . the Vortex razor HD jen II 4.5-27 the Knight force but I heard thy have had some problem's are the Tryjucon 5-20. For a stand I am looking at the GG@G

Comment

• GarandThumb
                        Bloodstained
                        • Jan 2015

Nice looking rig Chase.

Comment

• rabiddawg
                          Chieftain
                          • Feb 2013

What issues are you hearing about nightforce? I am very close to pulling the trigger on one myself.
                          Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

Working...
                          X